I'm such a dork!

okiegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I haven't been on in quite a while and couldn't figure out why I deleted. well..... duh..... I wasn't. I guess I'm just on crack. :hu

I'm "okiegirl" on BYC and "okiegirl1" here.... so when I tried to sign in as okiegirl here, it didn't work.

now I have two sign on's. oops. :/

I'll start signing on with my old sign in so new people can see I've been around a little while.

I'm such a dork and NON-computer nerd.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! It seems the older we get, the more members we know. :D

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
she's really good. She's been in remission 2 years last November.
I started back to school (Univ. of Oklahoma, GO SOONERS!) so I've been so busy with school that I really havn't had time to do much.

Oh..... and one more thing......

I NEED HELP WITH MY SPANISH CLASS!!!! :he

I'm so lost. Ah..... :hit

So, I'm taking "Basic Human Nutritution" too. This class was written by the USDA. It's so confusing when I'm trying to listen to wifey, abi and free but this class is telling me the exact opposite. I have to answer questions on tests I know are wrong. Like "whole grains are the best source of energy and are the primary source of energy for the brain", "a low fat, whole grain diet will reduce cholest. and help avoid cancer, weight gain and other health related diseases".

I digress.....

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
So, I'm taking "Basic Human Nutritution" too. This class was written by the USDA. It's so confusing when I'm trying to listen to wifey, abi and free but this class is telling me the exact opposite.
Funny how that works. Back in the 1980's I signed up to take some classes on Nutritiion. I had been working in the Health Food Industry a while and thought I could get a degree and be more "useful" in the field...

Only thing is... the textbooks were just so very WRONG!! It was a nightmare!! You have to answer questions the way they want you to to get a good grade in the class.

It was enough to make me
Crazyface.gif

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
okiegirl1 said:
So, I'm taking "Basic Human Nutritution" too. This class was written by the USDA. It's so confusing when I'm trying to listen to wifey, abi and free but this class is telling me the exact opposite.
Funny how that works. Back in the 1980's I signed up to take some classes on Nutritiion. I had been working in the Health Food Industry a while and thought I could get a degree and be more "useful" in the field...

Only thing is... the textbooks were just so very WRONG!! It was a nightmare!! You have to answer questions the way they want you to to get a good grade in the class.

It was enough to make me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/Sad Mad/Crazyface.gif
And you run the risk of losing your practice if you teach real food!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

You poor thing! We ruined you!

My GF is getting a nutrition degree and she has to "lie" too. Like me, she lost weight and regained her health by going low carb so she knows the real deal.