I'm such a dork!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Years ago, my husband and I lost a lot weight by doing what we called "the caveman diet"... basically, we didn't eat anything that was processed or wasn't "real" food. The caveman diet was a fad at the time, we modified it to include all real foods, not just high protein. We had great meals and didn't feel deprived at all.

At the time, I didn't know beans about real food, so the diet was quite the eye opener. We realized real quick that we should be eating like that all the time, not just as a "diet". It boggles my mind that with all the information about how to eat, there is not much out there (from the food "experts" at least) about real food.

We've gotten back to eating real food over the last couple of years. Now, I can't stand to eat something that's come from a box, or fast food, etc. Yuck!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
alot can be said for low fat in SOME people's bodies

remember one thing, one size does NOT fit all

grains as a super brain food, probably not, lol, but needed!

balanced moderate diet is best for MOST people

I am one of the most people.

I eat it ALL and have perfect stats on blood pressure (including I smoke and drink) and I have great chol. etc. at age 50 for me moderation diet of all things is best

best as always use what is best for your health

I eat what I love in moderation. I can have it all and be super healthy and I do it every day.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
:frow At least if no one else is around you can talk to yourself!! :gig
I do that anyway. That way, I know I'll get an intelligent answer.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
While people do have individual metabolic difference, we are not different species.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
While people do have individual metabolic difference, we are not different species.
I just get so confused because every person has scientific data to support their dietary recommendations. Everytime I try the full fat meat, cheese, no grain, veggies, fruits and no sweets thing I gain weight. True I've only done it a couple weeks at a time, get discouraged and say "screw it!" and have some chocolate. I have only lost weight by going by weight watchers. I REALLY want to eat like you, Abi and Free but I'm doing something wrong.
I even bought the NT book and The Paleo Diet book. (already own Adkins), looking to get "eat fat, lose fat".
Of course, buying all the books in the world isn't getting all this extra baggage off my rear end.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Have you tried an elimination diet? That is sorta what I did via my daughter's clinical dietitian. Her advice was to go "Paleo". I think we have either a gluten/grain, legume and maybe a dairy issue. Once we eliminated ALL of them, both my daughter and I dropped weight...immedietaly. Now we are going to try raw jersey milk again to see what it does to us. Hopefully we will be fine with it. I am pretty sure that we both suffer from gluten, grain and legume intolerances. (Oh, also some nightshades like tomatoes and bell peppers.)