I'm such a dork!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok BBH, so you don't eat grains, any legumes (that's pretty much all beans, right) or dairy. You pretty much eat protein, veggies, fruits?

so, what does a typical day's diet look like?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My grocery store mantra "healthy meant, healthy fats, veggies, nuts and berries" lol. Thats it. I do eat pod beans like green beans and sugar snap.

I have a thread here started where I list my daily menu. Today we had eggs for breakfast, salads for lunch and grilled shrimp with grean beans and a side salad for dinner. We drink water too. However, as I said, hopefully the dairy thing will work out.

Sam can only drink water. There are gluten free adult beverages out there though. ;) Unfortunately they are carby, but in a pinch they work.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
cool, I'll look up your thread.
I need all the help I can get.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
One more thing, I still use Nourishing Tradition's way of preparing my foods and still try to incorporate lacto fermented foods as much as possible.

When I say healthy meats, I mean as clean as I can get them at an affordable price. Organic and grass fed if possible. We had our piggy butchered so that helps with food expenses.

Good luck. :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm doing the modified Paleo thing here too. I do raw dairy. Goat's milk from the backyard. But no grains or legumes. I'm also gluten intolerant. As long as I stick to it and get some moderate exercise I feel good. I've been overwhelmed this winter between DS's diet issues and wasn't perfect about avoiding carbs. My weight started to creep up and I started to feel yucky again. I am back on track. Dinner was grass feed flat iron steak over organic romaine with a bunch of chopped, raw veggies on the side. A treat to get me back on track!
I can only imagine how it must rub you the wrong way to answer all those questions when you know the information isn't right!! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Been spending too much time on OFG's thread. I read that as a gass feed steak at first!