I'm such a redneck

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t like beer, so it pretty much tastes icky to me.

Maybe it could be that you just never had a good sweet malty delicious beer before. But I'm with you I don't like commercial made beers much either. Especially the lite beers are like drinking water, no flavor profiles what so ever, way over hopped and very low alcohol by volume.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I decided I needed a stainless back splash for my drip tray. So I went to the recycling yard. I only needed like a 12" x 14" piece. But I drove out with a 4' x 16" 1/8" thick piece of counter top. I have the technology to cut and shape it. $10.50 for 21 lbs of stainless, spent about an hour cutting, shaping and mounting.
IMG_20191014_205446758.jpg

And you think I'm a redneck... Here's my second oldest sons set up. Its funny, because he's such a neat freak.
5420.jpeg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been using this dual temperature controller and the freezer to cold crash and lager just above freezing. Its a slick little controller. It came with one of the brew gear kits I bought from an individual off of Craigslist.

https://www.northernbrewer.com/products/northern-brewer-dual-stage-temp-controller

I see a great DIY incubator right here with that little gadget. No wiring skills needed. Just set it, Hook it up to a light bulb in a ventilated cooler, add a little fan if so desired, and you're all set to hatch those eggs.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Guess so. Since they will be yet a year older next spring, I don't hold much faith that they will set eggs next year. Time to bring in some chicks and brush off incubator and MHP. Of course, I'll be hatching from my own flock, but may pick up a few hatchery chicks to augment.

Latest posts