In the News.... Ways some people get extra Christmas cash.....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
It's a world gone mad!

Short on cash, some put a price on themselves
Lean times spur interest in payment for sperm, eggs, plasma even hair

Before this fall, it might not have occurred to Michael Aylesworth to swap his sperm for money.

But faced with rising bills, a dwindling budget and a fractured economy, the 30-year-old Seattle man took stock of some very personal assets and decided to sell.

I did it because Im a student and Im always broke, said Aylesworth, who spent several delicate minutes in a small room at the Seattle Sperm Bank last month.

Apparently, hes not alone. Seeking quick cash in a tanking financial market, would-be sellers of a variety of body products sperm, eggs, blood plasma, even human hair are filling waiting rooms and swamping agencies with inquiries.

Increasingly, industry officials say people are hoping to trade spare body fluids, tissues and other parts for payments that can range from $20 to $50 a pop for blood plasma to $60 to $100 for a shot of sperm, $200 for a shiny ponytail and up to $7,000 for a fertile egg.
The rest of the story is found here...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28040824/

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If I had sperm I totally would LOL... but I do not, and that is le fact.

Instead, next year we'll be selling decorative Christmas arrangements, you know like the pretty mixes of firs, and cedar you see in hanging baskets, and planters. The only place you can buy them here is either at Canadian Tire or the Farmers Market in Belleville early in the season, and I made the ones for our house, I like making them and I'm willing to do custom for onsite planter boxes, like window boxes on porches etc.

I clip the big trees back, and they'll regrow those small bits by next winter :) We also make home made dog treats, and Christmas horse gifts, like the molasses candy canes, and christmas trees that people put in their horses stockings. I used to make them when I was a kid, probably 13 years old and sell them to all the barn brats who payed board at the place I boarded at (my mum worked there, so we got free board for our two horses). Made a killing on those rich brats LOL.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Lupinfarm, I saw your pics, they were beautiful! If you read the rest of the story, the fella who thought he'd pay his rent by donating sperm has been disqualified as a donor because it isn't good enough quality! :D

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Lupinfarm, I saw your pics, they were beautiful! If you read the rest of the story, the fella who thought he'd pay his rent by donating sperm has been disqualified as a donor because it isn't good enough quality! :D
HA hahaha, that is priceless :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Genetics can be a dangerous thing...make sure you really KNOW the guy before you accept sperm ladies...good looking isn't the only thing that's passed down :old

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
One woman sold some of her hair (a 32" reddish brown braid). Hair-Traders was buying 12 inches for $150.

She said, "I just got laid off and I really need the money for house payments.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
selling hair to make wigs for cancer victims and such is one thing...hmm.... at least hope that is where the hair was going to be used......and to pay for the mortgage...LOL...well very innovative. I best be growing my hair long and fast, ya never know..LOL

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been trying to decide to cut my hair or not. It is the longest it has ever been. It is in the middle of my back. I am really not sure how long. I might be willing to sell it especially if I was going to cut it anyways. Sounds good to me. Every little bit helps.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sebrightmom said:
I have been trying to decide to cut my hair or not. It is the longest it has ever been. It is in the middle of my back. I am really not sure how long. I might be willing to sell it especially if I was going to cut it anyways. Sounds good to me. Every little bit helps.
My dgd and one of my nieces donated their locks to Locks of Love. The hair is made into hair pieces for children and adults with cancer. The hair salon will cut the hair for free. It won't bring you any shiny coins; but will certainly brighten someone's day!

Latest posts