inducing labour?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Any natural laxative....magnesium sulfate(epsom salts)?
No, no, no, no, no!!!! This stuff is given to women to STOP labor! I had 3 months of pre-term labor problems, including 2 hospitalizations with a "mag holiday." The symptoms of getting magnesium sulfate are so miserable... Fluid in the lungs, puking, puking, did I say puking?, disorientation, "brain fog," do I need to go on?!

Sex does help - the protaglandins on your cervix, plus oxytocin from orgasm. And it's a whole lot more fun that the other stuff you guys are talking about!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oxytocin! That's what nipple stimulation releases. All this info floating around in my head gets confusing at times LOL!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Sorry for the whale feeling. Get ready for the dairy cow feeling!

:gig
:yuckyuck :gig :lol:

sorry I can't be of much help... with all of mine I went over my due date tried EVERYTHING to induce labor... I just never could "progress" I was in beginning labor contractions every 4-5 mins for over a week with my son...

I did learn that when you are in labor if you want the hospital to keep you and not send you home from false labor show you are in pain!!! I did a pretty good job of consealing my pain when in labor with my son... and they kept sending me home saying it was false labor... :barnie nurse told me because I could talk through my contractions I wasn't in enough pain... :smack ok I had already had One child I know what labor and what fake pains feel like dang it! With my 3rd I really laid it on thick! and they didn't send me home! woot!

I always wanted to go natural but my body just won't go... it starts but gets stuck in first gear! LOL

A good bumpy car ride down some old dirt roads is a good way to get the contractions going for me!

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All 3 of my boys were overdue. Once, when I was 9 days over, I drove a motorcycle over plowed fields to get things moving - no luck. My grandma always told me "when the apple is ripe, it will drop". At the time, I wanted to smack her!

My dr. induced me with the third one. That was a miserable experience - avoid it if possible. It was a harder, longer labor. The baby was not nearly as big as they thought it would be, so they didn't need to induce after all. I guess grandma was right.

Good luck!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:
tortoise said:
Sorry for the whale feeling. Get ready for the dairy cow feeling!

:gig
:yuckyuck :gig :lol:

sorry I can't be of much help... with all of mine I went over my due date tried EVERYTHING to induce labor... I just never could "progress" I was in beginning labor contractions every 4-5 mins for over a week with my son...

I did learn that when you are in labor if you want the hospital to keep you and not send you home from false labor show you are in pain!!! I did a pretty good job of consealing my pain when in labor with my son... and they kept sending me home saying it was false labor... :barnie nurse told me because I could talk through my contractions I wasn't in enough pain... :smack ok I had already had One child I know what labor and what fake pains feel like dang it! With my 3rd I really laid it on thick! and they didn't send me home! woot!

I always wanted to go natural but my body just won't go... it starts but gets stuck in first gear! LOL

A good bumpy car ride down some old dirt roads is a good way to get the contractions going for me!
They tried to send me home at 10 cm dialated with my daughter, telling me that there was no way I could be that far along in my labor and still be standing at the front desk joking and laughing with the nurses...I was trying to tell them she was crowning, I could feel it...but didn't really have any labor for her...2 pains, that was it...but I knew I was really close. Was the nurse ever surprised when I finally convinced her to do an internal...and 5 minutes later I delivered.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haha, my mom doesnt feel anything until the last few minutes! I was almost born in the car, they got her on a gurney and whoosh I came flying out. I am praying I get her lack of labor pains, and NOT her bleeds after (she almost dies) and that I dont get a hugenormous baby like what runs in SOs family.

I cant wait till you have baby!!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My first was 10 days late, and when she came out, the Dr said Yep, a post term baby. She looked like she'd been in a bathtub too long - wrinkles, shrivels, etc.

The second was born one day after his due date. I was at work, left at 1:30 (barely able to drive home) and had him at 4:00. Quick!

Never wanted one to be induced, and never wanted to have an epidural. So didn't....

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Oh and what about the same way the baby was made in the first place... :gig thats supposed to work.
Hehehe, that's what happened with both of mine :D

I agree with the above, in that the baby and your body usually knows when it's time. Got no more advice, so I'll just :fl for you!