inducing labour?

BlueMountain

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
When I was ten months pregnant with DS2 (who will be turning 29 years old December 20) my Mom and I went to vist my grandma. Grandma was an old school farm woman, a true product of the late victorian era. All of her children were born at home. She could see that I was miserable and could not get confortable. When the time came to leave, she called me back into the room after Mom walked out and asked "do you want to have that baby?". I was like, "YES". She told me to stop by the drug store on the way home and get a bottle of castor oil and drink it. So I did, several hours later I went into labor and Chris was born the next day, all ten pounds, one ounce of him-- breech--he was folded in half with his heels over his head and coming out booty first. It took three doctors to pull his legs down and get him straightened out but we managed it LOL. All I can say is thank goodness for the epidural.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope the birthing went well for you,and you are enjoying your little one.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It didn't go as well as I would've liked, but she and I are both healthy, happy and at home... I'll make a new post about her so I can tell her birth story too. It was about as far from a natural birth as I possibly could have gone, but she arrived safely and that's all that really matters :)

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to read the birth was not what you had hoped for.Mine were at home,but even at home there was much that happened that was unexpected.Lol, I was just glad to be done with it,because I am such a wimpy when it comes to labor.

I am glad you and your daughter are doing well!