inducing labour?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was induced on the first and talked into c sections on all 3. With the induction I reacted badly to the pitocin(or what ever they called it). I had contractions that lasted several minutes. That sucked.

good luck!!

gina

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow I'm heading in to have the doctor do the sweeping the membranes thing, but only if I've started to dialate... fingers crossed :)

I'm so excited to meet her, it's driving me crazy that she's late... she's my first, and the first 9 months FLEW by and now the last two weeks have been the longest of my life!

I'm a little worried about having a short labour, so I hope it starts right at the doctors office when we're 10 minutes from the hospital... from our house the nearest hospital that has a maternity ward is about an hour and 30 minutes away.

I'll definitely post baby pictures :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Good Luck!!!! I was late with my second. We lived in Iroquois Falls, and the hospital we went to was in Timmins,--an hour away. She was born in February.

The roads were hardpacked snow covered---35F, or Celcius for that matter. But we had 4 wheel drive. She was out in 6 hours. Hopeyou have a great delivery. (I would totally reccommend you tell them you don't want to be snipped, they can massage your cervix to stratch it for you. Only three stitiches for the 2nd, none for the first kid.)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
All three of mine were induced due to being "overdue"....oh, if I only knew then what I know now! :rolleyes:

No natural labor....just an IV and SLAM~in intense labor! It was crappy.... :(

The third one was induced and I went through this hard labor...and STILL had to have a C-section. :he

Good luck and keep us posted on the delivery!!! :frow

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My first was induced. But, we weren't really sure when he was due. (My whole system was screwed up. I hadn't had a period in months b4 they had a test come back positive.) I was dilating, but nothing was happening. I had been having contractions for well over 24 hours, couldn't sleep, etc. I wish they had had me walk the halls like they had me do w/my daughter. Instead, they stuck me in a bed, and there I said for hours! They even broke my water, nothing.

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My first two children were born naturally, with my daughter, I only felt three contractions and that was when they made me not push! With my son, I felt them only after we lost his heartbeat on the monitor and I got scared. My third child was induced, I felt every contraction. With all three of mine, they had me lay on my side (think it was my left side) and it intensified contractions and sped things up. Perhaps you should lay on your side on horseback on a bumpy dirt road and get frisky with hubs while stimulating your nipples and drinking whatever that was that was mentioned?

Seriously though, my advice, induce only if the baby is in jeopardy or you cannot progress once labor begins. Doctor's seem to want to induce labor for their own convenience these days.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
sheaviance1 said:
My first two children were born naturally, with my daughter, I only felt three contractions and that was when they made me not push! With my son, I felt them only after we lost his heartbeat on the monitor and I got scared. My third child was induced, I felt every contraction. With all three of mine, they had me lay on my side (think it was my left side) and it intensified contractions and sped things up. Perhaps you should lay on your side on horseback on a bumpy dirt road and get frisky with hubs while stimulating your nipples and drinking whatever that was that was mentioned?

Seriously though, my advice, induce only if the baby is in jeopardy or you cannot progress once labor begins. Doctor's seem to want to induce labor for their own convenience these days.
:yuckyuck :lol:

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My sister swears by parsley tea. Her first was a 10 monther, the next she says she induced naturally at 9 months. She also recommended blue cohosh (and it DOES cause contractions, so anyone who decides to try that should use caution).

I don't go into labor. Ever. I've borne 8 babies. The last one had a genetic defect that caused excess fluid to build up and I still never went into labor, though I was the size of someone carrying quads. They've done everything - breaking water, prostin gel (they call it something else now), but pitocin is the only thing that worked, and that was pretty bad.

With two of my children, I used Blue Cohosh tincture at the end of the pregnancy, for about two weeks. It did not cause me to go into labor, but it did cause contractions that helped prep my body. But it is effective enough that many herbal stores have labeled it dangerous, and won't carry it on their shelves. The tincture is NASTY, goes down best in strong (Welches) Grape juice. It can also make hemerrhoids worse.

Laura
Mom to Eight, Web Designer, Milker of Goats, Feeder of Chickens