Infection

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good news. Not really in alot of pain anymore. More like a dull ache. Had an ice pack on that side of face, cut swelling down to less then half it was when i woke up this morning. Still pumping vitamin C, liquids. Added garlic to lunch and dinner (was actually able to eat today!) Keeping an close eye on temp, and such. Have put a time limit, if swelling isn't nearly gone or totally gone by sunday morning, I'll get over to ER and get an antibiotic shot.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
The way you guys are talking about missing teeth I would think you're all from Kentucky. When I first moved here I had to by state law donate half my teeth to the local Chiclets gum factory, they in return gave you a coupon for 10% off moon pies. Something to do with blending in with the indigenous people.

mekasmom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Jaxom said:
No insurance and no money, not much I can do that I know of. Other then I'm taking some Ibuprofin and doing anbesol popcycles. This happened once before. But at the time I was still taking my mother to see her onocolgist. This sweet lil old lady (really reminded me of Dr. Ruth), was sympathetic to our situation and all. So she would prescribe medication for me under my mother's name. In this case, antibiotics. I don't have this luxury any longer, any home remedies that are recomended?

Just so you know, I'm not stupid. If it get's really bad, I'm 4 blocks from a hospital, and of course there's always 911 if nessary... Just as soon avoid that right now, but can't take time off from doing more important things right now

Thanks,

Jax
Colloidal silver is an antibiotic, if you have access to that. Some people make their own, but you have to use pure silver to generate it. And CoQ10 will help take down the swelling. It is the BEST treatment for dental issues of all kinds other than dental care. Break a pill with your teeth and squirt it on the affected area.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I actually got lucky, I was going through all the meds in the house. Dumping out mom's chemo pills and stuff related to cancer ect. I happened upong some antibotics I had gotten when I managed to drive a nail through one of my fingers earlier this year. That helped alot. The tooth in question is still a bit tender, but the swelling is totally gone now. Spoke to local health department about finding a dentist for low income folks. Had a few other important things to do, so start calling around next monday get these teeth yanked once and for all.