injured poult

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i think you are totally sucked in! whooot!

um.. so what's his name??
i'm trying SO hard not to be sucked in... but when that little head tips over all sleeping on that long neck, it's really really hard not to be.

he hasn't told me his name yet. but i'm sure it's something wonderful. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
CUTE! i love that he was in the big house! hee hee hee

as we say around here, he is the BUSINESS.. wow what a cutie.

and oh the snuggling! but then they grow up and break your heart... one day TZ just turned against me. but thats ok. I have Turkey Bob

;-)

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG! He is so cute I think it made my teeth hurt! You've done it now. Now I have to get turkeys :p

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah, i LOVE :love that first picture, where he's perfectly framed by clover blossoms.

Rebecka said:
You've done it now. Now I have to get turkeys
you should! i'd been pining for turkeys since October so when i saw them at the Amish sale i couldn't say no. they are precious. they've got these gangly long legs and these graceful long necks. well, to be fair, the Royal Palms aren't nearly as precious as the Bourbon Reds, but they are a few weeks older and a LOT bigger.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I loved your story about the Littlest Turkey, I read it to SO and he goes: "Is that one of your stories?", because that is exactly the sort of thing I would do and write ;)

We had a hen hatch out a couple of wild turkey eggs one year, turkey babies definitely are cute. We did successfully release the surviving turkey poult back into the flock he came from.
Glad to hear the little guy is well enough to be with his buddies again.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this little guy either has a death wish or he really like spending time in the house with me. he managed to get himself stuck under the edge of the pen AGAIN today. luckily, this time it's just a small scratch, but he's in the house until it scabs up. silly little turkey. at this rate he's going to end up being called Tim Cratchit (assuming, of course, that he is a boy). :/