Inspired by Farmer Chick...What is your "to do" list today?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I am so glad to see this thread bumped back up - embarrasingly, I really DO get more done when I post it here first! :p

Today's list:

- start making chicken costumes for kids for halloween STARTED

- get couple wheelbarrows of last year's horse manure from barn pile,
and dig it into part of the garden DONE

- clean turkey pen oh well

- either dig over more veg garden, or move some big pavers, dunno which PAVERS MOVED

Pat

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
AArrrggh! Halloween costumes! I really, really dislike coming up with them.

1. Help daughter come up with Halloween costume. Thankfully, son doesn't need one.

2. Make treat for son's Halloween party tomorrow. Popcorn? Easy, free and fast!

3. Wash some windows--let's say inside and outside of all windows on front door and porch.

4. Begin organizing CSA shares for tomorrow.

5. Do about 8 hours transcription to catch up from yesterday.

6. Make an enormous pot of soup and multiple loaves of bread and FINALLY get cards out to friend with new baby, neighbor whose husband died and SIL who just had a baby, along with a loaf of bread and jar of soup each.

7. Sweep front porch free of 1000s of Asian beetles.

8. Attend fun parenting class tonight with husband--it's a date!

Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Are you doing the foster thing? I know you were talking about it. Or is it for your own kids.

Nothing quite as fun as a parenting class. I always walked away feeling like I was a crummy parent. So far the kids are turning out great though. I owe it all to Lor, she teaches them her values. I just teach them important stuff like. It's ok to pick your friends but you can't pick your friends nose. Pearls of wisdom are very important.

me&thegals

Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
me&thegals said:
Are you doing the foster thing? I know you were talking about it. Or is it for your own kids.

Nothing quite as fun as a parenting class. I always walked away feeling like I was a crummy parent. So far the kids are turning out great though. I owe it all to Lor, she teaches them her values. I just teach them important stuff like. It's ok to pick your friends but you can't pick your friends nose. Pearls of wisdom are very important.
Still waiting to calm life down to have our home study done. This one is just a fun, humorous, basically get-together with other parents that we like to go to. Just lots and lots of fun ways to get your kids in shape :D Fortunately, we walk out feeling energized and motivated rather than crappy!

Love your wisdom for the kids ;)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
My list today consists of one item:

GET KIDS' HALLOWEEN COSTUMES MADE!!!

I am hoping to also clean the turkey pen and plant garlic but they need the costumes for a party tomorrow at the Early Years center so I think I am going to be spending most of my waking hours producing two chicken suits. why do I always wait til the last minute for these things? sigh.

Pat

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm still working on the run to my chicken coop between rain. I did go back out and get the last post for the side I was working on in, and once those settle, I can start putting up the wire. I'm proud to say, I put all 4 posts in by myself! And only one was off a smidge, but it shouldn't be a problem for running the wire.

Yesterday we did get the cow/alpaca barn cleaned out and new straw spread out. :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My list last night was drive to Lakewood and get 2 ducks from another BYC person.

I ended up with three! LOL

Now I have to put "Find home for extra drake" on today's list :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
My list last night was drive to Lakewood and get 2 ducks from another BYC person.

I ended up with three! LOL

Now I have to put "Find home for extra drake" on today's list :p
Ooooooooooooooh what kind of ducks did you get?!

me&thegals

Reaction score
Finish up yesterday's to-do list :p:

Write out baby/sympathy cards

Do windows

Lots of transcription

Finish CSA shares

Sweep front porch

Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Big Daddy said:
me&thegals said:

Still waiting to calm life down to have our home study done. This one is just a fun, humorous, basically get-together with other parents that we like to go to. Just lots and lots of fun ways to get your kids in shape :D Fortunately, we walk out feeling energized and motivated rather than crappy!

Love your wisdom for the kids ;)
That's great that you are enjoying it.