Introducing Aeryn Grace and her birth story :)

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been online, but I wanted to introduce our newest addition :) My 'all natural' birth went to pretty much every intervention I could possibly have had... it was torture.

I posted in November about inducing labour... I tried teas, exercise, sex, anything I could think of. Nothing seemed to work, but two weeks after my due date my water finally broke. That was a Wednesday at 3:30am... I went to the hospital when my contractions got closer together, around 5pm Wednesday night. It took 2 hours to drive there through a snow/ice storm.

I spent all night in labour, and hadn't even started to progress by morning but I was in incredible pain so I had a shot of morphine to try and relax and help labour progress... nothing... so they started me on pitocin around 10am... at this point I had been in labour for more than 24 hours, but only 12 hours of contractions closer than 10 minutes apart.

Around 1pm the contractions were only about 60 seconds apart and I just couldn't take it anymore... I still wasn't progressing AT ALL... so I asked for an epidural, an hour after that I was at 8cm... then by 5:30pm it was time to push... I pushed so hard, I didn't have time to breathe, it was horrific and everyone kept telling me I was doing great, but 5 HOURS later she hadn't even crowned... I was wheeled to an OR because Aeryn's heart rate was dropping severely... they tried a vacuum there, but when that didn't work I had a c-section within a few minutes to get her out.

41 hours after my labour began I had my beautiful baby girl :)

She was 9 pounds 1 ounce, 24 inches long (which is funny, since I'm only 60 inches long... lol) She's gorgeous with blonde hair and blue eyes. She's an absolute dream come true and her dad and I are pretty proud of her :)

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congratulations! You sure "worked" hard for her! I am glad everything turned out well.

I have never known anyone who gave birth to a 24" baby! How do you pronounce her name?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
congratulations Heather!!!! I had been thining about you and hoping htings went well for you. My experience is the harder youwork for em the more you love em. congrats on your bundle of love. With that itch thing you had going on(forgot what it is called) and your hard labour, I;m sure the rest will be smooth sailing! Happy new year!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep, the pupps rash was all gone within a day of the birth... everything has been great so far at home. She's breastfeeding great, started smiling this week, and loves everyone she meets :)

Here's a picture that I finally got to upload, this is her in the hospital, one day old:

AerynGrace.jpg

Her name is pronounced the same as Erin, just spelled differently.