Introducing myself - Not sure where to post this...

BeccaJoVon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Introducing myself - Not sure where to post this, but I wanted to get it out of the way.

I found Sufficient Self because, well, I am a stalker. I was stalking Beekissed from Backyard Herds (loved the sheep journal!) and then I discovered Dawn419 and decided to stalk her, too, as I am in Arkansas, about 30 minutes from Evening Shade. I have looked around on the forum some, and I think I could become completely obsessed with this place.

I have five kids, but only three at home. My #3 will be going away to college next year - she graduates with her associates in May from the local college - and it will just be my husband and me and the two younger boys who are currently 13 and 6 years old. We homeschool and I am excited to turn the boys into more Sufficient Self'ers.

We have about 35 acres, and at age 47, I/we are going to try to start putting it to some good use. We have raised chickens commercially up until recently and have not been allowed to own yard chickens, or any other fowl for that matter. If we get enough rain to refill our pond, we may have to look into getting geese and ducks, too. We have recently started acquiring a few sheep, six so far, two of which are bred. We have always had to reserve our water for the chicken houses in the summers and the gardening has not gone so well in the past. I will not have to watch a garden die of thirst, so I am looking forward to that this year as well. I read over the thread about growing sweet potatoes, and there are some great ideas on this site!

I am looking forward to reading more here. Thanks to you all for building this wonderful online community!

Becky ~

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome, Becky! :D I'm so glad you came! Feel free to start a journal in the journal section and tell us all about you and your family. We so love getting to know everyone in our little community...even the stalkers! :lol: Soooo glad you liked the sheep journal! :)