Introduction & Uses for Old Tires??

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I play it extra safe about the veggies, but everybody has to decide what they consider safe enough.
I would try to find lots more of them and make a small building out of them.

LauraJean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh, a tire swing! Fun!:D How did I not think of that? I THINK I can still fit in one.........:/

The goat pics are RIDICULOUSLY cute!! Now I have to get goats too, darn it!

Freemotion: Why did you bury the tires in the ground like that? Was it deliberately so the goats could play you did you have a different reason in mind?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I buried it deliberately as part of the goat gym. We had some tires to get rid of, and put them out by the road with a "free" sign, and all were taken except that one. I was in the process of getting a buck for my does at the time, so on a whim, I ran out to the paddock and buried it. The main reason is so that mosquitoes won't grow in it as now water cannot pool in it.

As you can see, the babies LOVE it! The little black one, Plum, will hop right up on it (she's bigger and not so clumsy!) if I pat it with my hand. Cuteness overload.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Tires also make good hot burning for green brush fires. :hide

Did I say that in my out loud voice? :gig

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
LauraJean said:
Oh, a tire swing! Fun!:D How did I not think of that? I THINK I can still fit in one.........:/

The goat pics are RIDICULOUSLY cute!! Now I have to get goats too, darn it!

Freemotion: Why did you bury the tires in the ground like that? Was it deliberately so the goats could play you did you have a different reason in mind?
She's not kidding (no pun intended). She will have you talked into goats before you know it. I had one lonely chicken when I joined BYC. I eventually landed here and now my new goat friends will bejoining us before June it looks like!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:

Are you related to me???

I have a relative that loves to start those fires by filling the bottom of an old tire with diesel fuel, lighting it on fire and then rolling the flaming tire down the hill into the waiting brush pile in the gully.

Good times! Good times!

:ep

I mean HOW HORRIBLY UN-ECO FRIENDLY!!! BAD RELATIVE!!!!!! :smack

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FF....I can see it now... a flameing, out of controll tire rolling down the hill. :lol: I could see my family doing similar feats.
I LOVE the burried tire for the goaties. We have literally, stacks of tires here. The couple that used to own this place used to refurbish old cars. We are still, after 5 years, still digging up carburators, starters, brackets, and all sorts of stuff, every time we try to dig a hole somewhere around the shop. The little pond...at least once a year, will have a new tire float to the top. I think the toll so far, is 7...maybe 8...I cant remember, they keep popping up!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
SKR8PN said:

Are you related to me???

I have a relative that loves to start those fires by filling the bottom of an old tire with diesel fuel, lighting it on fire and then rolling the flaming tire down the hill into the waiting brush pile in the gully.

Good times! Good times!

:ep

I mean HOW HORRIBLY UN-ECO FRIENDLY!!! BAD RELATIVE!!!!!! :smack
I am amazed that I never thought of doing that! Of course, we don't have a hill to roll the tire down either, but my buddy with the farm DOES!!!

"Hold my beer while I light this....." :lol: