Irene's Thread

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
supposed to enter ct around 10 am tomorrow and we now have official tornado wateches for parts of NY and CT (primarily my county...thanks irene! lol)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
supposed to enter ct around 10 am tomorrow and we now have official tornado wateches for parts of NY and CT (primarily my county...thanks irene! lol)
Get used to it pinky :lol: You're moving to TN soon, we have a Spring full of tornado watches ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, ill happily trade nor-easters and 6ft of snow for spring twisters....id rather deal with the wicked witch and her flying monkeys than snow and ice! ICE...that scares me!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'm waiting on DDeb to post, she was going out again a while ago, said she'd be back about this time.

There is some dry air coming in to the South of the eye of this storm and appears to be weakening it a bit. Let's hope so.
We have no power. It went out right around 8:30. Don't know when it will be back. I'm so glad we have the generator. Hubby balked about buying one, finally broke down and got one after DD and I needed one while camping at the 4 H fair grounds. We had to borrow one. Otherwise, we wouldn't have one yet.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Wannabefree said:
I'm waiting on DDeb to post, she was going out again a while ago, said she'd be back about this time.

There is some dry air coming in to the South of the eye of this storm and appears to be weakening it a bit. Let's hope so.
We have no power. It went out right around 8:30. Don't know when it will be back. I'm so glad we have the generator. Hubby balked about buying one, finally broke down and got one after DD and I needed one while camping at the 4 H fair grounds. We had to borrow one. Otherwise, we wouldn't have one yet.
I'm glad ya have it too!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my friend in Houston, TX. She gave me some hurricane/tropical storm pointers......water in the basement....forget trying to bale it out. It will be an exercise in futility and will just wear us out.

If the water rises and you need to go upstairs in your house, take along an ax. If you need to be rescued through the roof or get on the roof, you'll need to be able to cut a hole. :ep

She told me to reconsider caring for the animals. It's not so much the wind and rain but rather that every stick and bit of trash and debris becomes a projectile and it can be very dangerous or even deadly to just walk across the yard. They will be fine, udders don't really explode. Yeah, tell that to Mya, Ginger, Peach, and Plum! :rolleyes:

When the cell phone doesn't work try texting. Texts often get through when calls don't.

Do you have a chainsaw, she asked.....do your neighbors have one you can use? You'll need it on Monday!
'
Off for some wine and to make those cookies.....and a peach pie.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've been telling hubby he needs to sharpen my chain. Maybe this will motivate him.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Atlantic City is under a tornado WARNING meaning one has been spotted.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Chainsaws ... check. First things I got ready. Have a feeling I'll be using them for awhile. Also sure I'll be getting a lot of phone calls from clients too. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
At least 17 homes damaged, one completely destoryed by a confirmed tornado spawned from the hurricane in Lowes(sp) Delaware