Irene's Thread

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
East River, NY
http://yfrog.com/kju1bawj

Saw 2 different reports on deaths - one said 5 the other said 7. Both said 2 children - one from a tree and one from car crash at an intersection (folks, remember if traffic lights are out treat it like a 4-way stop and treat other drivers like they don't know this rule)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think you mean Lewes, DE. There's a ferry that runs across the DE bay from Cape May, NJ to Lewes DE.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm still preparing. There is a peach pie in the oven and I've started on oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies. Using up the last of my dark chocolate stash. :/ But it is for a good cause. Me.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Stay safe, everyone. I'm going to go to bed and try to get some sleep. It's past my bed time, but I don't think I'm going to sleep w/the window opened tonight. :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I think you mean Lewes, DE. There's a ferry that runs across the DE bay from Cape May, NJ to Lewes DE.
Yeah I knew I didn't spell it correctly :lol: Goodnight!

Free...I want some pie! :drool

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stuffing the freezers with water jugs. Just thought about it. ARGH!!! Always something. :he Set the solar system up too for after the storm. I'm sure there will be no power for a day or two. If longer. NO biggy too. :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
were as set as were going to be...
my biggest concern is the phones lol, i need to be able to get intouch wiht my mortgage guy LOL...(oh yeah we know where my priorities are)
hold tight folks and be safe.

dont go outside unless you aboslulty have to...trees and other human beings are huge risks during times like this (human beings as a race are stupid in emergencies...stay away from other human beings if at all possible lol)

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh man. My television was just interrupted for a tornado warning. The last time that happened it hit less than a mile from my home.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You will all be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Stay safe, stay indoors, and trust the One who can bring you through the storm:)