Irene's Thread

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have just got our heads up by the State. Wind 30-50 mph. Wind gust 60-70 along coast. East side fo the storm more wind than rain. Worse along coast. Potential torndo's on eastaide. BOY!!, glad I'm on the eastside of the storm. Hitting us tomorrow night. :) Not much more prepping I can do now. Just sit and wait. Think I'll dig some diverter ditches along the road tomorrow. That should keep me busy for awhile. Good luck to all.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Tornado watch now for Jersey and parts of NY. I hope you all keep power.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Lights just flickered here but DH put in one last load of laundry. Hope it dries before we lose power!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So now I see the news and the propaganda machine at work spinning up how the storm is going to hurt the economy. Great, now the no gooders in Washington have an excuse for the next 2 month. ARGH!!!! :barnie

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
So now I see the news and the propaganda machine at work spinning up how the storm is going to hurt the economy. Great, now the no gooders in Washington have an excuse for the next 2 month. ARGH!!!! :barnie
The storm took out DC and they have no where to meet?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
It won't do anyhing to the economy. They are claiming it's a big deal that NYC is shut down, and historically, it is, but economically...meh. It happens here all the time when we have serious storms, and it always bounces right back. If anything it will stimulate the economy due to a flood of insurance money. :hu Unfortunate way for stimulus, but it happens.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Fox just lost satellite feed from Atlantic City NJ. They did say there was localized flooding there. One officer reported a street flooded up over the door of his cruiser. That's what? 2-2.5 foot deep?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WV here and we are currently getting hard rains and gusts of wind....but we've had much, much worse. I doubt the mountains where I live will let much else through from the coast. We are very grateful for the rains as we have had very little rain since June and our fields all look like brown paper bags.

I am praying that you all are safe and warm in shelter. Please keep us posted if and when you can!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm waiting on DDeb to post, she was going out again a while ago, said she'd be back about this time.

There is some dry air coming in to the South of the eye of this storm and appears to be weakening it a bit. Let's hope so.