Is anybody here as afraid as I am?

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Could you all give a quick gist of those videos for those of use who have pokey dial up and can't watch videos? I feel so left out.......:(
You are not alone...I'm right there with ya!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
lamestream media.
:lol: Did you make that up or read it somewhere? I love it!

Agreed. Get your life in order, but try to remain mentally flexible. That is the best you can do. Oh, and even though you shouldn't say too much to your neighbors, find the ones that have similar values and start building a relationship now. It will put your mind at ease, even more than just making your own personal preps.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, and even though you shouldn't say too much to your neighbors, find the ones that have similar values and start building a relationship now.

****I so agree with that. I find true comfort in my farming friends and SS friends. We do the same work, have the same type of work values, same outlook on life being in farming.....so my friends are SS types and survival types. I do find that putting me at ease knowing in hard times we share and barter. heck we do it all the time now, when times if ever get truly difficult...we circle of friends know there is support.

good thoughts! :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Lamestream media - I forget who I heard this from, may have been Rush, may have been Howie Carr - sounds like Howie, the local drive-time radio jockey here in Boston. I love it! :gig Describes them perfectly. :clap

As far as community goes, this has been mentioned in several articles in Backwoods Home lately (I've mentioned how good this magazine is, I'm telling you all, the ideas in that magazine so mirror what we talk about here, I highly recommend it as a self-sufficiency magazine over all the others, and I do like all the others!). Being able to trust your neighbors (or at least know the ones you should trust) is very important, especially if TSHTF.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
"there is something happening" I just know in my gut that big changes are happening I feel it literally.
Beekissed and I had a similar discussion a couple months ago. I don't know what it is, but something inside of me is telling me to get ready. Ready for what ? :hu Don't know. So send a tin foil hat my way as well. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, Uncle Joe...still feel it and I have my tinfoil in good supply! :lol: I think even the animals of the Earth can feel it.....no birds around here at all....very little wildlife along the roads as well. Call me crazy all you want, the world has come to a turning point in more ways than one. Kind of exciting to be here to witness it! :)

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been feeling the need to stock up and get ready for ?????
There is some comfort in knowing I am not the only one.

I just remembered the movie "Close Encounters" when people from all over had the same feelings.:|

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Guess I need to be fitted also. I have been telling my dh to get ready for a fallout of somesort. And all I get is "that look" & a comment about how far right I am. He believes because of the rising costs on everything we should be more ss & the fact that we are not getting all the chemicals in our lives then either. But because something is going to happen he is not a firm believer in that theory. My dad is not so much either but my mom is right on board with my as is my brother. So we keep stocking up & preparing for???? My mom said the other day food would be cheaper if we had another depression, but my question is how would the supply be? She said yeah there would be things that would not be available to us anymore or they would be in limited supply. Some companies would not ship out here from back east as it would not be cost effective for them anymore. And there are not too many food manufacturers in our state. I think there are big agendas out there just waiting for the rip time to take place.