Is anyone else concerned?

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have birds dropping from the skies, earthquakes destroying things, flooding, viruses from one coast to the other. I would even add people in general and their attitudes. Anyone notice an increase in bad driving lately? I know I have! Alls I gotta say, I don't like it!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Enh, all of these things happen all of the time (with variation, of course).

Whether it seems like "more" depends on one's mood or theories.

If you look at actual numbers -- which is what "more" would really have to be based on -- <shrug>

Pat

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im with you colowyo0809...

i agree, while things like this "happen all the time" when was the last time all these things happend so closely together?...
sure some birds will die occaisonally and "fall from the sky" but the numbers in that wave were well beyond anythign "normal" the flooding in australia?! when was the last time you heard about something like that happening in australia? this eathquake/tsunami in japan...

this comming full moon is a "super moon" the moon will be the closest to the earth, something that happens every 18 years, but unlike other times, this time if the first time in a number of cycles that it will also be full during that time...

i do admit, i can feel like a paranoid nutcase sometimes...but i also feel like once in a while mother nature is goign to tell us "Hey you guys pay attention" and for some reason i get the feeling that this is one of those times...

ive also noticed, at least locally a change in peoples attitudes, part of it im sure has to do with how expensive eveyrhting is becomming...but still.

in terms of 'concerned"
someparts of me are because im not nearly ready...
other parts of me say not to worry about it because if nature is saying "screw you" theres very little i can do to stop her so...

i just hope if mother nature decides shes going to throw a major temper tantrum that shes going to give me a while to get my own place and get it set up so at least i can say "i did it!"

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No not concerned at all

these things happen....but I think they "seem" more in your face and you worry more because of the hard times economically. When countries are depressed, everything seems worse 'or happening more'

I don't think more happens, it just seems to affect you more to the heart etc.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is it happening more? or are we just hearing about it more? The news media is all over everything and bombarding us constantly.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
i agree, while things like this "happen all the time" when was the last time all these things happend so closely together?...
A whole big lot. It's a saturday but if you really care I can spend some time next week assembling numbers for you. I doubt that would matter, but am making the offer anyhow.

sure some birds will die occaisonally and "fall from the sky" but the numbers in that wave were well beyond anythign "normal" the flooding in australia?! when was the last time you heard about something like that happening in australia? this eathquake/tsunami in japan...
Ah, how easy it is to forget the past. I do not know how old you are, how much you've read newspapers over the years, how much you paid attention in history class... but this is what life on earth is LIKE.

Those who "know what it means", that is fine, but I owuld just point out that EVERY SINGLE GENERATION BEFORE US SINCE THE INVENTION OF RELIGION has had numerous people who observed similar events during *their* lifetimes and "knew what it meant". Yet, in *all* of their cases, it turned out not to. Of course there is a first time for everything. But, the odds are very high that you are not the exception to this thus-far-universal rule.

It is of course entertaining and in many ways comforting to think these times are special, different, the end is nigh; plus which one may truly *believe* it in which case, how can ya argue, it's a belief -- facts or numbers or historical repetition or likelihoods are not relevant. Even if one's faith happens to be factually wrong -- as with all the bazillion of people who have believed just as wholeheartedly as many today that they were living in End Times (in 1940, in 1400, etc etc) --- I don't think in the end that it's the factual reality that matters so much, it's more just that you did believe.

(edited to untangle final sentence which appeared to mean the opposite, in its original form :p)

JMHO,

Pat

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
It's just sort of there in the back of my mind. Things do seem weird and out of kilter to me, but I'm not a believer in end times. I do think Mother Nature is about to kick us to the curb, but in her time- and that could be another generation before collapse or tomorrow.

When SO got up yesterday I asked if she had turned on the news and heard about Japan. She said, "so, the world really is going to end". I didn't think she had been paying attention!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Stuff always happens but it is reported more AND there are additional stressor on all of us with gas prices, job numbers, etc...