Is anyone else concerned?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I lived in NJ growing up and I 'just barely' remember the "big fish death' at the shore. Millions of fish....red tide blamed etc etc I think. (without checking I can't be sure----but I remember everyone talking about it)

being a kid I blew right past that story lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So what you folks are REALLY trying to say is..."We're all gonna die." Thanks, but I already knew that :) I'm sure it won't be too bad, it takes less time to die than it does to be born generally speaking ;) :hugs

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
More bad stuff:socialmedia evolving.

Facebook, twitter, iPhones, tumblr, are now a HUGE part of media, the news stations are going nutso because you can now send a video from your iPhone directly to the news stations. The media also now reports on blogs and cites it as sources, or facebook.

I'm sorry, but nothing more bad is going on, its just very media-in-your-face.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
So what you folks are REALLY trying to say is..."We're all gonna die." Thanks, but I already knew that :) I'm sure it won't be too bad, it takes less time to die than it does to be born generally speaking ;) :hugs
Hmmm... never thought about that. Good point! :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And I said that (^) as a media person, there's a reason I'm good at my job. I can be completely dramatic and stretch the truth enough to capture and maintain interest.

Just like every other media person.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am more concerned about the crap they are putting in our food chain and the recalls than anything to do with 'the end of the world. The financial crisis has happened before...and will happen again. Gas prices will rise and fall, they aren't any higher now than they were a few years back, but we had a couple pretty good stretches of cheap gas in between.
I grew up with a father that preached end times for all my years growing up...families used to gather in living rooms and the adults used to talk about world events and how it meant the Lord was coming SOON. But read the Bible! They said the same thing 2000 years ago! God will decide when the world is going to end, and I am just soooo tired os hearing ppl speculate when exactly it will be...every year there is some big crisis that means we will not get through the year.
I am very faithful, and very Christian, but I have given up a long time ago of mans ideas :)
My favorate Bible verse in these times is this one:

(Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. {10} Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. {11} There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow. {12} I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. {13} I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! {14} I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

steffpeck

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Yes, I think that a lot more things are happening now, and things are happening in faster intervals also. Am I concerned or afraid, No. We are prepared for whatever may come.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't think things are any different than they ever were. My whole life I heard about catastrophies and such happening...they happen! It is sad when they do, but they do.
The weather is really not changing... at least not here...not at all. We still have snow until mid April and when it is all gone we get a huge dump again, but the lilac trees still are in full bloom May 20th every year.
Seriously I often laugh when I hear on the radio "I've never seen anything like this before..." Because I have a weather callander that goes back a few years...and it never changes. It is amazing how much you can second guess it though when you hear ppl talk, until you go back to your callander :)
The US has been strong for many years, but there have been times when it was not.
The middle east has always been interesting...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Neko-chan, that is why abi and I have start pages on our computers that pull in news from all over the world. News is a business like it or not, and if it bleeds it leads. What is popular and what is informative and important are hardly ever the same thing.... DUH! WINNING! :gig