Is Our Economy Going To Crash?

Is our economy going to crash?

• It is going to crash hard, all at once.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • It will be a slow gradual decline.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is crashing now and is already in decline.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • My personal economy already has crashed.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • My personal econony ain't doing so hot.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • We will have a depression worse then the 1930's

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Our econony is wonderful.

• There will be no crash, how ridiculous!

• My personal economy has never been better!

• There will be no depression.

• Total voters

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would love to have a tractor and some other farm equipment, but almost every dollar is spoken for each month. We do everything like we are back in the 1800's...by hand. Financially, it used to be a lot easier when we both were teaching, but one of us had to leave to continue growing our home business. It doesn't make nearly as much as a teacher's salary, but it just couldn't grow any further with both of us working full time.

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm working as an Engineer, my wife is a RN. We are still young, barely 30. Paid off my student loans just recently, but wife still has several thousands.

I just started my own Machine shop business in my garage, and hoping that will pay the bills soon, so I dont have to continue working for corporation.

I dont think I have room for a tractor on my 1/2 acre. lol but I'd still like one.

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will read that petrodollar thread.. sounds like interesting read... macroeconomics (not my best subject)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah it's mentally exhausting for me. I'm reading a little at a time. Important but hard to digest.

We have 5 acres and access to the adjoining 35 (my parents' land) but it's full of brush and hard to deal with not having heavy equipment. The goats can clear brush but I only have 6 of them, and no LGD so I don't want them where I can't see them from the house. So I will continue to dream of tractors! Haha!

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Why would you clear the brush? to make room for crops?

Brush seems like a good free food source for your goats... unless you feel like you need to plant crops for other needs.

I would like to do this with my goats... but I dont have a gate out to the hills behind my house, I'd have to lift them over or walk them around (about 1/3 mile walk to reach hill brush).

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good question. To clarify, I don't want to clear all the brush! We need to clear a high point to build a barn, we currently have all outbuildings. I prefer to have moveable buildings except I truly need a barn for kidding, milking, and hay storage. Also we need to clear some of it to be able to move the chicken and turkey tractors around. And the brush is so thick in places we have a hard time fencing it. We want to clear a path around our property so we can ride the 4 wheeler around the entire 5 acres.

Right now we have our house, garden, and all our animals on a little over an acre, so we need to push everyone out a bit!

Yeah no fun having to pick goats up. I can pick up all but one of mine. I think he knows it too, lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's a tip, consider that they ALWAYS return to feed. When mine get out of the pasture they are in they browse until done and then return -- NORMALLY the same hole they went out!! So you can rest assured that they will. Animals of habit!!!!!! Just try feeding any one "out of turn" and you will be told.

Unless you have a predator problem in the daytime, they will browse and return as soon as you shake the feed bucket -- or for water, or to chew their cud in the fav rest spot.

Mine have never left the property but, when they get out I watch to see the return area. On occasion they will just eat all along the fence and then into the back yard by the barn. Nice, huh? I have 15 acres of nice grass, weeds & browse, no need for them to leave whatever pasture they are in but, some days they feel like a change of pace. :hu

For those "wanting" a tractor....I was 69 when I bought mine! It has been such a help to lift, pull, dig, stretch fence, and so on, that I wonder how I went so long. One day I just called my credit union, then told the dealer to deliver it! :celebrate I had some implements already (long story) but, bought a shiny, new, RED Branson with loader & backhoe. I love it.
Lots of muscle, no dirty laundry, no backtalk, just start & go. Named Arnie.

So just know "one day" your time will come! Funny thing is the loan is for a "recreational vehicle" -- I laugh every time I see that.

Last edited:

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For those "wanting" a tractor....I was 69 when I bought mine!
So just know "one day" your time will come! Funny thing is the loan is for a "recreational vehicle" -- I laugh every time I see that.

Thanks @Mini Horses...that makes me feel better. I'm only 60! That tractor may still be in my future. :celebrate

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's a tip, consider that they ALWAYS return to feed. When mine get out of the pasture they are in they browse until done and then return -- NORMALLY the same hole they went out!!

And that's the truth! On one side of me is a neighbor whose pasture I fenced and have the use of. On the other side of me is a neighbor who let's her pasture run rampant (for a bird sanctuary). It only has two sides fenced (and I did those too) A few years back we noticed that her pasture was looking better and better and if I hadn't known better I would have sworn that the goats were over there cleaning it up. But, I could NEVER catch 'em at it. They were in my pasture when I would leave for work - and they were in my pasture when I came home. I finally found a tiny (you would never believe that a full sized goat would fit through that hole) hole in the fence that they would sneak through at least twice a day.