Is Our Economy Going To Crash?

Is our economy going to crash?

• It is going to crash hard, all at once.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • It will be a slow gradual decline.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is crashing now and is already in decline.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • My personal economy already has crashed.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • My personal econony ain't doing so hot.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • We will have a depression worse then the 1930's

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Our econony is wonderful.

• There will be no crash, how ridiculous!

• My personal economy has never been better!

• There will be no depression.

• Total voters

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eh we have a stray dog problem around here. So I would be nervous even during the day. But Holy moly do they come to the sound of grain!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will read that petrodollar thread.. sounds like interesting read... macroeconomics (not my best subject)

You need to read it, then read it again. Understand what is coming at you so you can prepare the best you can.

Yeah it's mentally exhausting for me. I'm reading a little at a time. Important but hard to digest.

We have 5 acres and access to the adjoining 35 (my parents' land) but it's full of brush and hard to deal with not having heavy equipment. The goats can clear brush but I only have 6 of them, and no LGD so I don't want them where I can't see them from the house. So I will continue to dream of tractors! Haha!

After you read it, read it through again. I don't know how many times I have read it, a lot of it I already know, but this is very good, well written articles and I see something new every time I read it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Mini Horses...that makes me feel better. I'm only 60! That tractor may still be in my future. :celebrate

I'm 61 and my husband bought me one! We bought it 2 years ago and don't know how we would have gotten as far on our property without it.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm enjoying all these responses. I too trust in God for my provision but I think He also wants us to see the signs of the times. Has he sent me a prophet like Joseph to warn of famine. Well no, but then again we have television and the internet. I have been doing a little dehydrating. I also have been watching videos on foraging for wild foods. I was raised learning about poke salad, nuts and fruits, along with fishing and hunting. I don't like to, but I can skin and butcher a deer, rabbit, squirrel, clean fish, cook on coals. I also feel confident that I could make soap and have had first aid classes and know herbal remedies. Does this make me less faithful, I think not. I really believe that this desire to learn is coming from God. I feel more and more that time is short. I worry about my family that doesn't believe in Jesus more than I worry about the SHTF scenario. I still think it makes since to be able to see your family through emergencies no matter what they are, terrorist attack, economy crashing, solar flare, hurricane, earthquake, etc. I like to watch Big Family Homestead blog and YouTube videos. I think Brad from Big Family is a good example of preparation and faith. Like my faith, my prepping skills are growing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm enjoying all these responses. I too trust in God for my provision but I think He also wants us to see the signs of the times. Has he sent me a prophet like Joseph to warn of famine. Well no, but then again we have television and the internet. I have been doing a little dehydrating. I also have been watching videos on foraging for wild foods. I was raised learning about poke salad, nuts and fruits, along with fishing and hunting. I don't like to, but I can skin and butcher a deer, rabbit, squirrel, clean fish, cook on coals. I also feel confident that I could make soap and have had first aid classes and know herbal remedies. Does this make me less faithful, I think not. I really believe that this desire to learn is coming from God. I feel more and more that time is short. I worry about my family that doesn't believe in Jesus more than I worry about the SHTF scenario. I still think it makes since to be able to see your family through emergencies no matter what they are, terrorist attack, economy crashing, solar flare, hurricane, earthquake, etc. I like to watch Big Family Homestead blog and YouTube videos. I think Brad from Big Family is a good example of preparation and faith. Like my faith, my prepping skills are growing.

Well said!!! I tried to "like" your post about a hundred times, but it only like-unlike-line-unlike-like-unlike-like.........so I gave up. Once will have to do.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the attempt of liking anyway. It's the thought that counts, lol.

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the attempt of liking anyway. It's the thought that counts, lol.
Was a good post.. I previewed a few of those Homestead videos with Brad.... very informative. Watched the wheat grass one in detail.

Bought 40lbs of barley grass seed and looking to finish my aquaponic system soon. In the mean time.. Dirt works...
20140606_071751.jpg

Last edited: