Is this TRUE????

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not in Nicole's preschool.
they have pics of snowmen, penguins and turkeys and such.
:gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm not the least bit surprised by these stories and have been expecting this, so its not really a shock to me. And I'm equally sure that it is true. Back in my home town its happening and has been happening throughout the election process. :rolleyes:

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Obama is being pushed hard by my neice's teacher. She came home and told me that her teacher said that GW Bush was a war monger and that Obama was better than Bush.

I advised my neice to tell her teacher to state the facts, she can't be on one side or another and she can't tell the kids what to think.

The teacher told my neice that she didn't like "judgemental people". I told my neice that I wasn't being judgemental. I and her parents will choose what she believes, not the school.

The teacher backed off.

I remember elementary school and the elections. Weekly Reader asked the kids to vote and we did. The teacher made us read the facts on each candidate and vote. I always knew the teachers weren't allowed to make the choice for you. That's how it should be. A DEMOCRACY!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This is really going to date me...but I remember the same election assignments when it was Ford/Carter. We never knew what the teacher's leanings were, as teachers were professionals back then and took pride in their jobs. They didn't voice personal opinions, and encouraged the children to debate the issues without swaying their opinions one way or the other. As it should be..... ;)

countrymama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Not happening in my children's school in Michigan. I can't believe that this would be happening on a widespread basis.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I remember Kennedy and Nixon running against each other. I saw Eisenhower when he was president.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got this from News Blaze site:

Update Jan 29th: The teachers at the school today talked to the children about flag etiquette and the meaning of the flag and why the pledge is made. The lights were left on in the room, so the flag could be clearly seen and the children were told that they should face towards and look at the flag. The parent spoke to the Principal and the child's teacher. The Principal said they would not show the image of the president at the same time as the pledge tomorrow. The Principal apologized for causing offense. The parent and Principal and teacher left on good terms.

Anyone can make a mistake - the measure of a person is what they do next. The Principal and the teachers did well - this is a good thing.

Note: the blogosphere is now saying this is a hoax because the school has not been named or the school district has not confimed it. Instead of seeing this as a situation that was amicably resolved, it is seen as an attack on Obama, which it never was, and an attack on the flag, which it never was. It is not a hoax.
Hoax or not, it seems likely that it could happen, as they are really pushing Obama information on our kids back home, which they've never done with former presidents.

The very reason they are celebrating his election as the first black/biracial president is because of overcoming racism in this land. If race has nothing to do with it, as it shouldn't, then why are they stressing it so much when they say this is why they are making such a big deal over his election.

Historic occasion or not, the president is a man, like any other man elected to the presidency and shouldn't be held in higher esteem than any other, nor emphasized in our schools any more than any previous president. Other than his skin color, the man hasn't made any significant mark on our country's history to date and should not be treated as if he has, merely because he has dark skin.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, I was wondering if this was a widespread thing, and I can understand the 'history in the making' part and him being the first black president...I was just wondering about the whole 'worship thing' after reading a few articles about it. This article just seemed so out there:>)