It was actually a pleasure to get gas...

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
yesterday. Our local Raceway had it for $1.99 gal. It hasn't been below $2.00 in years.

We had actually thought about buying a more economical vehicle when prices were sky high. All our vehicles average about 15 mpg. We didn't think we would save enough on gas for a car payment. I'm so glad we just drastically cut back on going. If I had a new car payment now with prices so low, I would be sick.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:ya

Wow!! I havent seen that yet!!! Congratulations.

I paid $2.38 a gallon here, and was pleased with that, filling up our Dodge Ram 1500, I had it in town to get straw for the pet area!!

I do have an economy car, but I drive too fast to save as much as I could, and it has a few after market parts that make it a touch more efficient, but also faster. Frankie finally slowed me down by putting granny tires back on instead of my low profile tires - I guess he doesnt want me to get a ticket? Havent in years, but its bound to happen, I guess. I just absent mindedly prefer the "skinny peddle".
Yeah to lower gas prices!! I have a 14 mile trip every time I need anything - milk, toilet paper, I mean anything. Our house is 14 miles from anything but other houses.
Tina

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awesome! Ours is $2.09 (at the cheapest place) for the lowest octane.

And I am STILL driving 60 mph instead of 70 on the interstate. So, I am saving a lot.

I didn't think I would ever see it get down near $2 a gallon again.

Cassandra

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I paid 83 cents per litre today, WOO HOO -- the lowest price in at least 3 or 4 years. (Just two months ago, prices were still up in the $1.20/litre range, and there have been times it's been as high as $1.47/litre)

(Curious Americans whose kids have not wandered off with their calculator can do the math themselves -- a litre is pretty close to a quart, four quarts per gallon, and the Canadian dollar is running somewhere around 85 cents to 1 US dollar right now. I am pretty sure we're still paying more than most of you.)

(e.t.a. - er, I remembered that the computer has calculator software :p... I think it comes out to roughly USD$2.89/gallon. So I get to feel all excited about how cheap gas is now, and YOU folks, south of the border, get to feel even more excited by how cheap YOUR gas is :))

(edited again to correct my math; division is not the same as multiplication, duh :p)

Pat

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Pat, I am glad your gas is coming down, too, and your post made me chuckle with all of the math corrections. That's me when it comes to math :p

Gas here is $2.19 but we have a small grocery with a gas station that gives you so many cents off per gallon per how much you spend on groceries, up to 20 cents off. You get 20 cents off if you spend $100 or more. This week they were double the cents off! So we got 40 cents off the gallon, meaning we only paid $1.79 :woot

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Pat, I am glad your gas is coming down, too, and your post made me chuckle with all of the math corrections. That's me when it comes to math :p

Gas here is $2.19 but we have a small grocery with a gas station that gives you so many cents off per gallon per how much you spend on groceries, up to 20 cents off. You get 20 cents off if you spend $100 or more. This week they were double the cents off! So we got 40 cents off the gallon, meaning we only paid $1.79 :woot
Holy Mackeral!!
That is a savings! I hope you needed a lot of gas! Those were the days!
Tina/tfpets

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gas is down to $1.99 gal here, too. :) I am planning on keeping my tanks full as I heard on the news today they are planning on tightening the supply.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got gas today at $2.09
lowest around here.
I was happy with that cause I filled up for $39...beats $39 only giving me 1/4 tank..LOL