It was actually a pleasure to get gas...

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have actually been able to fill my tank up for the last 2 mos. My tank is only 20 gals but I had $20-$25 budgeted for my gas every 2 weeks & that was it. I knew eventually I would get a full tank again as I was driving a whole lot less. But it took awhile. We needed to conserve the larger amt of money for dh's diesel as he needs to get back & forth to work 5 days a week. But he filled up his truck last Sat., & it only cost us $66!!!! Compared to his $137 as the top amt before that. Sad fact though I remember him gettng it filled for $30! He has a 36 gal tank. I will fill up sometime today & with my discount of $.10 it should be around $1.81/gal!! Wish dh had a few more gas cans around here that we could fill up cheaper to have on hand.

chickypoo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I love that gas is so much cheaper! So far the best I have seen is $1.43 but I live in a small town at the moment and the cheapest we have is $1.85

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I got gas yesterday for $1.73/gal!!!! It cost me a whole $20 to fill up my van, I was in hog heaven thats for sure.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup we are 1.72 lowest now and filled up and it was cheap. hmm..not really cheap but I sure was happier than before..LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Heard on the radio that we will only have these prices until about the first of the yr & then back up they will go again. :hit

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good grief!
so they dropped prices to make us feel safer around the holidays so retail could benefit or something like that.
then hit us again later.
man oh man, time to check out of mankind..LOL

Latest posts