It was actually a pleasure to get gas...

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I filled up Sat for $2.29/gal :weee
I haven't paid that in over a yr! I told dh to get the gas cans filled up now with the prices lower. Then we have extra for the van & the generator if we need it & it ges way up or a shortage happens.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
$1.84 and falling. I filled up my F700 for $70.00. :clap

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Down here in So Cal the average is about 2.19 but the news showed some independent stations as low as 1.99. I wish I had an extra tank. :)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Yesterday we got gas in the car for $1.69/gallon! The tank wasn't completely empty, so we only spent $13.75 on gas!

Today gas was at $1.85/gallon

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Your welcome, all!!!! Each time I fill up at one price (that I think is the lowest ever) the price goes down the next day. I am the cause of the low gas prices and I will now accept your gratitude as is my due.... :coolsun

:lol:

I agree with Ann...this won't last so don't get excited! But....I can't help getting a thrill when it doesn't take half my paycheck to fill my tank! :D

Down to $1.75 at my Mom's place, only $1.92 here......did you hear that? ONLY! How quickly I forget..... :/

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I saw regular unleaded for $1.99 today. I can't remember when I last saw that . . . hubby says 2000.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
$1.789 today in Whitman - I do wonder how far it will fall before it starts to soar - and you know it will, sooner or later. It'll be the fatal blow for many, and I unfortunately can see it coming :rolleyes:

I was listening to Rush Dimbulb today and he started whining about how the American auto makers made money on SUV's and now with the price of gas down they should just get going again, and nevermind the energy consciousness so many of us want (yes, even conservatives like me are environmentally minded). I can't believe how simpleminded he can be. I sat in those gas lines in the 70's. If we once again ignore the real problem (our dependency on oil from any source, foreign or domestic) and continue on our merry way guzzling petroleum products the next fall will be far worse than this one. But he's all for continuing the oil feed into the country - no doubt he owns plenty of stock in oil, as do his buddies. Idiot.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The nice thing about the US, we can always choose our own priorities. Since I drive on busy interstates with two kids in the car alongside tractor trailers, I choose to drive something larger. I prefer to pay more for gas to have some extra weight between them and a speeding semi.