It's a girl!!! pics-Update-AND ANOTHER GIRL!!!

Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Cybercat said:
I have to tell you that you are a hero to me, Farmerlor. You took a stand and saved lives....you HAVE made a difference. I was an Admin on a horse rescue board for several years, but haven't been there much the last year. (I had to take a break because I was becoming so depressed.) As a group we primarily rescued slaughterbound horses from several feedlots- two in Washington state and 1 in Colorado. We kept hundreds of horses from being inhumanely slaughtered. We also help local rescues and sometimes pull horses off of Craigslist, etc...some folks also go to livestock auctions and try to outbid the meatmen.

There is such need in the world, and most people don't even know....

Thank you for saving Fiona and her babies...

Leanne
Aw, thanks so much. I had to quit my horse rescue groups too. The sad stories and emergency situations that I just don't have the money, land or time to help with were just agonizing for me. I still keep in touch with the wonderful lady who bought the filly that Fiona had shortly after she arrived here and everytime I see a video of that beautiful girl dancing to dressage moves I think of how very easily she could have ended up as a steak on someone's plate.
That's truly wonderful. Your filly's are real pretty. Your husband must be a great guy too.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
They are all gorgeous!! I don't have horses or desire to have them . . . but, there is nothing more pleasing than to see a beautiful horse.

Kuddos for your rescue effort and congrats on the babies!!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
farmerlor said:
Cybercat said:
I have to tell you that you are a hero to me, Farmerlor. You took a stand and saved lives....you HAVE made a difference. I was an Admin on a horse rescue board for several years, but haven't been there much the last year. (I had to take a break because I was becoming so depressed.) As a group we primarily rescued slaughterbound horses from several feedlots- two in Washington state and 1 in Colorado. We kept hundreds of horses from being inhumanely slaughtered. We also help local rescues and sometimes pull horses off of Craigslist, etc...some folks also go to livestock auctions and try to outbid the meatmen.

There is such need in the world, and most people don't even know....

Thank you for saving Fiona and her babies...

Leanne
Aw, thanks so much. I had to quit my horse rescue groups too. The sad stories and emergency situations that I just don't have the money, land or time to help with were just agonizing for me. I still keep in touch with the wonderful lady who bought the filly that Fiona had shortly after she arrived here and everytime I see a video of that beautiful girl dancing to dressage moves I think of how very easily she could have ended up as a steak on someone's plate.
That's truly wonderful. Your filly's are real pretty. Your husband must be a great guy too.
I almost always refer to my husband as "Most Wondrous Man" unless he's stalking me on my fave forums at which point I have some decidedly less complimentary terms for him.

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:ep Your husband gets on your forums????? EEEEK!!! :ep

I would feel SO creeped out if my hubby did that (mostly cause we have VER-R-R-Y different interests...)

Leanne

PS- isn't the smell of horses one of the best in the whole world? Give everyone a smooch on the muzzle for me! :love

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Needless to say, when my doctor suggested I use Premarin for my menopause I gave her an earful.
Just as well. Premarin has a rep for causing cancer. Karma has spread far and wide from the abuse of these poor horses.

Educate women about Bio Identical Hormonal replacement...made from plants! and this nasty horse business will fade away.

Your horses are beautiful....what fun, and it must be fulfilling to be such a protector and promoter of life!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mackay said:
farmerlor said:
Needless to say, when my doctor suggested I use Premarin for my menopause I gave her an earful.
Just as well. Premarin has a rep for causing cancer. Karma has spread far and wide from the abuse of these poor horses.

Educate women about Bio Identical Hormonal replacement...made from plants! and this nasty horse business will fade away.

Your horses are beautiful....what fun, and it must be fulfilling to be such a protector and promoter of life!
How about just dealing with menopause as a human stage instead of a disease (I'm in the throws of it now) that's supposed to be medicated away? Not trying to be snarky, but it's the way things are supposed to be for woman of a certain age, all this hormone replacement stuff just masks the process. I know things can be uncomfortable, but I think that's more due to the whole diet and societal processes. I've got hot flashes, sleeplessness, the meno-pot belly (and I'm a Pilates Instructor, how frustrating is that?) and moodiness, it's just something I have to deal with until Auntie Flo decides to not visit anymore.

Reaction score
Mackay said:
farmerlor said:

The big cancer scare was the reason all the PMU mares were being sold to slaughterhouses. The PMU farms were going under. Last I heard they're up and running again.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Your horses and foals are just beautiful! I showed my daughter the pics. When looking at the perch, she said--she's not very big is she? I said she's 17hh. She says, well, she doesn't look big next to the gate. i say--That's two gates!:gig

Someone had asked me if dd's horse was a premarin baby. He is a paint percheron. he's a beautiful horse, nad we love him, but I don't know his history. But i do have papers. Is there anyway to find out?

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Someone had asked me if dd's horse was a premarin baby. He is a paint percheron. he's a beautiful horse, nad we love him, but I don't know his history. But i do have papers. Is there anyway to find out?
I'm not sure how you'd go about tracing your horse's history, but I CAN tell you that many of the PMU ranchers are still breeding...and that most of their horses ARE papered...and papers in no way keep a horse from heading to the slaughterhouse.

Was there any kind of brand on the paintperch? I can ask on my rescue forum how others found histories on some of their rescues...

Leanne