It's a girl!!! pics-Update-AND ANOTHER GIRL!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Beautiful baby and momma is a beauty also. Know you are pleased as punch. Congrats.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's Fiona's baby-Fiona is a 17 hand Percheron, Daddy is a 17.2 hand Friesian.
kidstuff145.jpg

kidstuff159.jpg

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wow, cutie patootie babies! Gorgeous parents!!

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OH - MY- GOSH! Your babies are both adorable (and the moms aren't too shabby either!)

I have to say though, that I am partial to drafties, so I am drooling over your newest....

Is your mare a PMU girl? ( I've been involved with online horse rescue for several years and love every single horse whose picture hits the web.) I am curious about your mare's history, as it appears that she has a brand on her left shoulder????

Leanne

Edited to add the last sentence..

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cybercat said:
OH - MY- GOSH! Your babies are both adorable (and the moms aren't too shabby either!)

I have to say though, that I am partial to drafties, so I am drooling over your newest....

Is your mare a PMU girl? ( I've been involved with online horse rescue for several years and love every single horse whose picture hits the web.) I am curious about your mare's history, as it appears that she has a brand on her left shoulder????

Leanne

Edited to add the last sentence..
Yes, she was a PMU. As an older horse she was destined for slaughter when we got her five years ago and she was in foal at the time. The foal she gave birth to has done very well at dressage which was a contributing factor to allowing her to have one more foal with this Friesian stud. I bought Fiona over the internet. Saw that they were dispersing one of the PMU farms and just had to help ONE horse avoid slaughter.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They are both gorgeous, but like Cyber, I love the draft breeds and think Friesians are the prettiest breed of all of the breeds.

I have some pics I took at the Pennsylvania Farm show of all those beautiful black Percherons all lined up....and your gal is just as glossy and beautiful. Add Friesian to that and you will have one superlative animal!!!

When I get to heaven I'm going to have me one of those! :love

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's probably because I'm a six footer and look stupid on a smaller horse but I will always love drafts. They have the personality, the strength and looks that I prefer over almost every other horse. Don't get me wrong a beautiful arab can bring me to tears and I adore watching a really talented horse run barrels or rein but for me-it's gotta be a draft.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Farmerlor, I just noticed something - my hubby's name is Greg, also :)

Please, what does PMU mean?