Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Tractor Supply Stores all have layaway!

That is where I shop for Christmas.
I so didn't know that! :ya Thank you!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I wish we had a tractor supply store here. I see ads for them all the time on my satelite channels & get envious.

amyquilt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
YUP!! TSC has lay-a-way and I have some Christmas gifts there right now ;-)

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Mom also put all my school clothes and Christmas presents on lay away. When she got her Christmas club money, she would go pick them up.

I have used it a couple of times when my kids were little. We really should now, but I don't think DH would. He is the shopper in the family. I can have cash in my pocket for months and it doesn't bother me. If he has cash, he will find something to spend it on. He buys like no tomorrow with the credit cards. He is learning, slowly. He is the only one that brings in a paycheck, so if he wants to spend a little extra , I have no problem with it. If I need or want something, all I need do is ask. If it's doable at the time I have it. If not, when it is doable I get it then.

My weakness is groceries! I LOVE to cook and bake. So I tend to spend lots on that. I need to stop, what with our other grandkids coming and all.

All through my first marriage we ONLY paid in cash. It really hurt us when we went to buy a house. We had no bank account, no bills, no nothing to track our finances. Luckily I ALWAYS saved reciepts. I had them going back several years, so they could verify that yes, we conduct all transactions in cash.

That is one reason DH wants me to get 'a real' job, instead of consignments or piecework like I want to do. When we need to re-fi or buy property, that doesn't fly well, I need a 'real' paycheck that can be verified.

Sometimes staying out of the system hurts you in the end.

Monica