Its Friday :weee Whats for Dinner?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Lettuce picked from the garden, topped with meat bird chicken, apple pieces, cheese, and poppyseed dressing....and a glass of water, lol.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Steak on the grill. Buy one get one free. Roasted sweet potatoes for the boys and a big green salad for me.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had no idea what to make. I was lagging in the kitchen and forgot to pull something from the freezer. I ended up with a pot of Spaghetti sauce going. All the veggies I could find from the fridge. Peppers, mush, onions, squash. and a pound of sausage browned. Salad on the side, cucumbers, carrots, tom, blue cheese. Dh said no beets tonight. That's ok I ate them for lunch. :plbb

gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Nachos and a veggie/fruit/yogurt shake! YUM! A good Friday supper, quick and satisfying. Still time to run outside and get some baby goat therapy.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made triple breaded homeade chicken fried steaks with buttery garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yum....sounds like everyone had a great Friday night meal :drool

Our chicken tacos were awesome!

After a lifetime of frying tortilla in oil I am converted to a better way! I dip them in a little water and then plop them onto a hot cast iron griddle (rub with EVOO first) get nice little char marks on one side then flip...when done I put them into a clean kitchen towel, folded over to keep them warm and moist. Super yummy....I will never go back to frying!

Now... let's discuss tonights options!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm headed out to Whole Foods-I'm open to suggestions. I'll be cooking indoors most like due to the weather....
I'm going for a simple meat and veggies kind of dish. I might do potatoes for the boys.