It's Just DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The only thing I learned in my college plant science class was that "You need to warsh your aaaaples"

My father has always said "being have" instead of "behaving" - Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to say that correctly out loud? I have to slow. down. and THINK. ABOUT. IT. :lol:

It drives my hubby nuts when someone says "I'm going to borrow you some money." Instead of loan.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It drives me crazy when someone says

"I had to itch my leg" as opposed to "I had to scratch my leg."

You had to itch it? Wow. How in the world do you do that? WHY would you do that to yourself? Isn't it aggravating? Will it cause a rash? Will you need any lotion when you're done?

Can I call my mother for comfort?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
You could call at your mother for comfort!

She could itch it for you and maybe warsh it too?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
abifae said:

She could itch it for you and maybe warsh it too, whenever she gets there.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boogity said:
abifae said:

She could itch it for you and maybe warsh it too, whenever she gets there.
It could take her a while....I seen she was in Warshington and all that stuff!!!

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Interesting thread... for sure. :D
Co-owners of the company I work for constantly use the "I seen" instead of I saw. ( I seen two deers out back last night) I've been there 9 years and now I catch myself saying it. Arrrrggg.
One of the employees there recently had a "colosapy".
Another one once told me that I was just being "Exaggatory".
I can't count the number of times they have just made a word up on the spot attempting to convey an ideer or an ideal.
One of my favorites is "Ammanah" as in, ammanah mow the lawn today.
Sometimes they crack me up. :gig

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ammanah go ov-air by the big tree and kill me some deers. I seen 'em ov-air t'other day. Ems biguns, too.

Actually I kind of like the regional slang. It definitely gives color to our language.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can deal with the typos, and the poor grammar and even the "your, you're" and "there, they're, their" switches but please people.. Stop with the text shorts in normal writing and posting! OMGoodness. ;) :lol:
I can deal even with a few shorties slipped in here and there but lately I have seen(on other forums and facebook) whole conversations that just looked like two monkeys banging randomly on the keyboard. :barnie
The one teacher that I volunteer with for Drama is the English teacher and says that it drives her to distraction that student think it is okay to use these shorties and things like "@" for at, and & for and in their papers that have to be turned in..

Latest posts