Its starting to get a bit scary around here!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
~gd said:
SKR8PN said:
Get yourself a firearm and learn how to use it.

The Wife and I live out a bit from the city. We have three very loud(but very cuddly) dogs. They let us know whenever someone is around. I carry a Glock model 27 .40 caliber(loaded w jacketed hollow points) on my right hip 12 hours a day. The rest of the time, the wife and myself are within arms reach of either a 12 gauge shotgun loaded w double 00, or the Taurus Judge loaded with .410 personal defense rounds.

Before someone mentions that they think I am paranoid or psychotic,
you must realize that we live within 5 miles of not one, but TWO state prisons, AND a juvenile halfway house for drug offenders. I am also sandwiched in between two major North/South highways, and the heroin trade is terrible in the small town to our North.

We have a very good possibility of the SHTF at anytime.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
what can you tell me about the 410 personal defense round? I have a 410 that I use for shooting clays and smaller birds and it doesn't wear me out like the old 12 guage does but I haven't heard of a personal defense round. Any info would be appreciated!
Go here and check it out.
http://www.winchester.com/Products/New-Products/Pages/pdx1-410.aspx
Thanks for the link SKR8PN (and KOxxx) I was not even aware that they had handguns for 410 loads. I have a genetic defect so that I can't close my left eye independently from my right(my father ws the same way) so I am not much of a shot with a rifle or hand gun but I am very good with a shot gun where I keep both eyes open. ~gd

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had a very beloved teacher murdered here in our tiny, rural town. That sort of put a scare into me as I tend to leave doors unlocked, cars unlocked and have even been known to leave a car running while I run into a gas station or post office. I know that statistically robbers will stake out a place a time or two before they break in to get a feel of the people's schedules and defenses. We have two HUGE dogs that are pretty vocal about how protective they are of our home so that will dissuade all but the most desperate criminals or at least that's my hope.