Just Bragging :p

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I am with FarmerChick. I hate paying and prefer to get a nice sum back that I wasn't necessarily expecting.

If I remember correctly, we are still withholding the % that we used to have to back in the days of Clinton in order to not owe. We figure that some day taxes might be that high again and we don't need the shock!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I wonder how the people in California felt when instead of a tax refund check they got an IOU....

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I wonder how the people in California felt when instead of a tax refund check they got an IOU....
You know now that you mention that and with most states being in the red it may not be prudent to let them have more then a nickle of yours to hold at any time.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
xpc said:
Wifezilla said:
You know now that you mention that and with most states being in the red it may not be prudent to let them have more then a nickle of yours to hold at any time.
Hmmm. Good point. That's just the good kick in the behind I needed to make the effort to adjust my deductions.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I finally got my w2's back, and I'm just disgusted. We hurried up and did the BF's taxes, now, looking at mine, I wish we'd have waited. My return will be so sucky this year since I didn't work much last year. We would have been better off to let him claim the boys, instead of claiming them under mine. :/ Now, I'm going to file with the ex, which will put him back into the black (instead of him owing) and will give me a little bit more for the boys. I'm just sickened by it, we were counting on that money. And, it's no nominal amount either, I'm down at LEAST $5k because of it. Return money was what has always kept me afloat, I always count on it to pay bills ahead a few months, then "invest" some in things that I can produce and sell, and then use some for stupid stuff that I just want. This year, we won't even get out of the red on the bills with it. I'm seriously sickened by my mistake. :(

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
So, I finally got my w2's back, and I'm just disgusted. We hurried up and did the BF's taxes, now, looking at mine, I wish we'd have waited. My return will be so sucky this year since I didn't work much last year. We would have been better off to let him claim the boys, instead of claiming them under mine. :/ Now, I'm going to file with the ex, which will put him back into the black (instead of him owing) and will give me a little bit more for the boys. I'm just sickened by it, we were counting on that money. And, it's no nominal amount either, I'm down at LEAST $5k because of it.
Just file one of these and don't worry so much
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc308.html

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
xpc said:
Bettacreek said:
So, I finally got my w2's back, and I'm just disgusted. We hurried up and did the BF's taxes, now, looking at mine, I wish we'd have waited. My return will be so sucky this year since I didn't work much last year. We would have been better off to let him claim the boys, instead of claiming them under mine. :/ Now, I'm going to file with the ex, which will put him back into the black (instead of him owing) and will give me a little bit more for the boys. I'm just sickened by it, we were counting on that money. And, it's no nominal amount either, I'm down at LEAST $5k because of it.
Just file one of these and don't worry so much
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc308.html
Would that work in this situation? I wasn't sure if they'd accept this type of fix. God, I certainly hope that they do.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Would that work in this situation? I wasn't sure if they'd accept this type of fix. God, I certainly hope that they do.
Should be no problem - just contact them and ask for directions for your particular case. Or if you feel comfortable tell us what you did wrong.

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html