Just curious, what's the weather like where you;re at.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Have an inch of snow.
The ground is frozen which is fantastic for clean dog paws. Beats the mud any day!
That is a positive way to think about it! :thumbsup Here I was complaining about the FA-Reezin' weather we are having!! I had not even noticed that my dog's paws are mud free for the first time in a month!! Thank you!! (I have St. Bernards, they really should change their names to St. Dirty Dogs...nothing but big messes these two. :rolleyes: )

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Left over snow and freezing temps....calling for sleet,freezing rain and snow. The trifecta of winter. :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i thought the trifecta of winter was:

1. hauling buckets of water for the critters
2. falling on your tailfeathers on the ice
3. sitting there in a puddle while all the hens point and laugh

?????

one good thing about winter - we got the fire cranked, the xmas music going, and oh the heavenly scents from everything cooking....

:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes! :lol:

Doesn't all that cold and wet weather make it sooooooo much nicer to get inside? Sort of like not being able to appreciate a sunny day so much as one does after a week of rain.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i thought the trifecta of winter was:

1. hauling buckets of water for the critters
2. falling on your tailfeathers on the ice
3. sitting there in a puddle while all the hens point and laugh

?????

one good thing about winter - we got the fire cranked, the xmas music going, and oh the heavenly scents from everything cooking....

:)
Were you spying on me this morning? :gig

We are supposed to get the snow tonight. My daughter is so excited about that. I bought extra goodies for us all to enjoy in front of the fire tonight. I can't wait!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm not sure how many times i laid there in a heap last winter... man..

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool & rainy :barnie during the day.
Temps hovering just above freezing at night, whether it's rainng or not.
Perfect weather for snuggling. Even my outdoor, grumpy tomcats wanted to get snuggled.
We were supposed to get snow this weekend, a few places here did, a little. It's not worth it if we don't get the pretty, fluffy, deep snow. So I'm glad we didn't. Miss'ippi doesn't know how to deal with icy weather, we just shut down.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cold, cold and more COLD! November was wet and rainy, then the cold winds blew away the clouds and we're left with cold. Days are sunny and clear, but no heat and nights are just bone chilling. Day temps are high 20's to low 30's, nights were in mid teens to mid 20's. Last night and tonight are SINGLE DIGITS for outter areas(our place), low teens near the sound. Weather man says it's going to warm up as the week goes on, but slowly-VERY slowly (1 or 2 degrees per day?)
I can't even dig worms for the chickens cause we got permafrost. :barnie