JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. We were all so worried about the possibility of heart surgery. I just HAD to share this wonderfull news!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
31 Jan 10

Sunday morning, the house is quiet. Got the woodstove going, and coffee beside me. Its sunny outside, but only 10 degrees. How decieving. :/ Im glad my outside feeding schedule is for 10 am! Maybe it will warm up a tad....before I head out. :fl
So, I have to tell you all.....Friday, I had to run into town, get feed for the animals....and I stopped at one of the small antique shops in town " just to look around" When I spied a beautifull cast iron dutch oven...with the lid...seasoned, clean..I just knew being in an antique shop, it would be expencive. I eyed it a few minutes, and walked away, there was no tag on it. So, I walked around the store a few minutes...looking at the "treasures" I call dust catchers. If I cant use it...almost daily..then I dont need it...right?
So after walking around some more, I found myself standing in front of the little dutch oven again. This time the store proprioter came over to make conversation. ( I was the only person in the store) " Nice little pot hu" she said..I didnt want to show too much interest...and said. " yeah, its not bad" (Inside I was being "sinfull" and "coveting" that pot) So, she siad..."are you interested in it?" to which I replied..." Oh, I dont know...and picked it up and looked at it again...then said...I might be, how much?" She told me...she would let me have it for $40.00 I sat the pot back down....and just looked at it some more...when I saw the $60 tag on it. " Well...ok" I said.." I guess I will take it" :D
So, I get home with my treasure...put away all the feeds...and come inside to relax a bit. I was thinking of a pot of beans, with ham hocks, and corn bread...for Sundays dinner...when I get a text from my future DIL, in OKC. She wanted to let me know that my DS #3 and a friend was coming out to Indiana, and would be here Saturday morning. DS#3 is coming to pick up his son, to take back with him for a few months. Well, there goes the beans for dinner idea. These 2 boys wont eat " old people food" :lol: So there sits my little pot...on the counter all cleaned up...just beckoning to me...another day I tell it...another day.
So, Saturday afternoon....im sitting in my chair...warming myself by the fire after coming in from chores...and I hear a car door. Oh, DS#3 must be here...So I get up to greet them at the door, when in walks DS#1 !!! I have not seen my son in 6+ years!!! What a surprise...they brought him along, and didnt tell me. I literally RAN up the stairs, almost knocking him over to hug him!! I grabbed his hand, and drug him back down the stairs to show off to Hubby...LOOK WHO IS HERE!! Again I grabbed him and hugged him...Hubby stood up, shook his hand, and looked at me and said...Surprise!! UGH! That turd KNEW he was coming! DS#1 has never been to our little farm, so after the sat for a few minutes...I grabbed him up, and proceeded to give him the tour. I was beaming with pride! Just couldn't let him go, wanting to hold on forever...knowing its only for a few days. Last night the guys sat and chatted and drank a few "too many" beers...so they are all sleeping off the brew! Once everyone gets up, a big breakfast then the 3 boys said they wanted "chores" to do. WOOHOO!! I have 3 truckloads of Christmas deco, in my garage, that need to go to the top of the barn. I have been dreading that job, but now...the boys can do that for me. :weee I just can't believe..my son is here...Wow, 6+ years is too long!! I want to kidnap him, and send the other son back with a randsom note...telling his wife..the only way you can have him back is you and the 3 boys come get him...then kidnap them all! :cool: I know that wont happen....so...I hear them stirring...I better get off here...and feed the masses. hope everyone has a beautifull Sunday! I know I will!!!!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:ep Wow 6 years is a long time - I couldn't imagine not seeing my kids - or my parents for that long.

I know you are walking on clouds today - enjoy this time with you boys.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Wow what great news! Also a great little find on that cast iron. They cost quite a bit more than that new.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1 Feb 10

So, all is still quiet...for the most part. LOL
Yesterday we ran into town, my DS #1 wanted to go to the cemetary where my mother is. He was not able to make it home when she passed. So, we went to town I need to pick up a few things, and we met with DS#3's EX, and picked up my grandson. Iziah. He is 3 years old now...and I havent seen him since Christmas. DS#3 will be taking him back to OK for 2 months. Its great haveing a little one around the farm again....however, we cant have him out in this cold weather, as he is sick as a dog. Every time I see this baby, he is sick! :/ She just doesnt have the common sence to keep socks and long pants on him when its cold. Her excuse...he doesnt like to wear them. HU?? He does just fine when he is here for a few days! PURE lazy! Oh, and she sent him with his " medications" OK, the breathing treatment, DR prescribed....I can do that, BUT...then there was a bottle of ADULT, Xtra strength, cough suppressant!!! WTH??? I called her and she said she gives him just a "tiny bit, it works" O M G! So my son ran to town for CHILDRENS cough syrup....bubble gum flavored.... :p Some people just rub me wrong...I swear!! Once my son gets him to OK, they are taking him to Childrens Hospital..for a GOOD checkup. OK, rant over... LOL
Yesterday was a pretty productive day. We loaded the truck up with all the Christmas deco, and the boys hauled it to the top of the barn. 2 large truckloads. Then we brought a truckload of wood over, and we all stacked it..it was fun haveing the boys working beside me. They shadowed me through all my barn chores, and chicken chores. :) Then DS#1 looked at me and said...Mom, your working too hard! LOL He has NO IDEA! We took it easy ...so we could spend more time visiting!
My DS #2 called yesterday, he wanted to come out to visit with his brother when they got back from the hospital from being with Kaylen. I planned a large porkchop dinner. We had a great time...just talking..talking about thier childhood, and why I have all these grey hairs. We talked and laughed untill I was in tears! A few times I almost peed my pants, then the boys chided me about how I am getting old, and should start wearing Depends! THAT made it worse! LOL DS#2 did the dishes for me... :D and we all retired to the family room, around the woodstove, and talked untill the wee hours of the morning.
DS #3 is up with me this morning..with Iziah, the 3 yr old grandbaby. He is so smart..and so talkative. :love Just a joy to be around, even tho he is sick. He wants to know what everything is...whats that? ..whats that? LOL Waiting on the others to get up...or should I say to go wake them! Its 10 am, and I am headed out to do chores...Brrr, 18 degrees!
The boys will be leaving today..and this old house will once again fall quiet. :( Im going to miss them terribly...but DS #1 promised to be back this summer, and bring his wife and 3 boys along. Im really looking forward to that time with them.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1 Feb 10

Well..the boys left back to OK. :( This house is so quiet, with just me and hubby here. I never realised how quiet...eery! :/ Letting them get in the car was so hard. I BAWLED..and made them PROMISE to not let it be so long between visits. DS#3 has a place in the country, and raises chickens. I was able to pawn off a rooster and hen to him! :p A Banty Cochin Frizzle roo, and a Banty cochin hen. Its going to be a LONG ride back to OK with 2 chickens in the car..and a 3 year old, I dont envy them! :lol:
We didnt do a whole lot today, just wanted to spend as much time with the boys as we could, before they left. We walked around the property...talking...shareing our dreams....when my oldest son looked at hubby and said...Dad, I want this place!! HA! Yeah..well..move back to Indiana and maybe one day it will be yours! ( Bribery works wonders)
Jeesh, I miss them. Tomorrow will be hard to go out and do chores, alone, once again. Come on spring!! I NEED sunshine!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
J, your post about seeing your son after all these years made me cry! What a feeling that must have been....I can't even imagine not seeing mine for that long! I know how a mother feels about her son, so your story made me bawl like a baby......sorry...sniff! :hit

You have had some roller coaster couple of months, huh? :hugs

Praying that it won't be that long until you see your boy(s) again... :bow :bow

I got a little chuckle over them thinking your were "working too hard".....they really must come home more often! :p They could see you in action! :lol: