Kala's Journal~Newest Project :)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
01. Name? Kala, duh!!
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? uh, does Kalaland count? I kinda like it here!
04. What is your favorite color? outside during anything but winter
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? ABC ;)
06. How much do you weigh? depends on the season
07. How tall are you? 5'7 ish
08. Can you swim? yep
09. Do you like to swim? not in a pool
10. Living arrangement? hubbin and me (we're still youngins!!), two dogs, 5 silver laced wyandottes (newest additions!!), a fluctuating number of cats, and lots of animal pens waiting to be filled this spring!!
11. What's on your mouse pad? my hand
12. Favorite board game? any one that someone will play with me
13. Favorite magazine? MEN, Backwoods Home, SageWoman
14. Favorite Actor? someone funny
15. Favorite Actress? see above
16. Do you have an accent? does SE Ohio count??
17. Favorite smells? dirt, hay, general barnyard/animal smells, lavender and thyme
18. Least favorite smells? plastic, scented candles, most perfumes
19. Favorite sound? neighbors cows, wind, streams and also when its quiet, voices of my family
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? ocean
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? noppers
22. Pencil or pen? both
23. Who's better - boys or girls? well, you can't have one without the other
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? nope
25. Do you sing in the shower? always
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? none of the above
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? day off=yes I get to go play outside!!! working=crap do I have an 8 am patient??
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? depends on what the caller id tells me :gig
29. How do you want to die? in my sleep, for someone I love, or in my garden/woods
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? on accident, thought I was calling BWC at work, oops!! nope don't think they would want to know what I'm wearing! wrong #!!! :ep
31. Gold or silver? silver
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? probably not, went on the demon drop once, that was good enough
33. Do you like dressing up? only if overalls count
34. Would you rather be short or tall? i'm good where I am
35. Do you enjoy reading? well I have a section for books in our monthly budget so you tell me :)
36. What book are you reading now? getting ready to start lasagna gardening thanks so you fine people. and i jump in between various gardening, animal, herbal, and hippy books (as my hubbin calls em). looking for a good permaculture book now too. and humanure is soon on the list.
37. Favorite books? The Good Life (Ackerman) anything that has to do with gardening, herbs, animals, ss, nature spirituality, etc. there are so many!!! :woot
38. What was the last movie you saw? idk. not a big tv/movie person. i'd like to just get rid of the tv but the hubbin would have a tantrum
39. Favorite movies? see above. although ones that have an educational/learning value and not just entertainment are good
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? does my living, breathing puppy count?
41. What is your sign? Libra? if it didn't change. don't put much stock in those
42. What are your personality traits? knowledge eater
43. What's your biggest fear? a world in which freedom and books are non existent. oh and having a 9-5 existence. dress codes and clock ins, *shudder*
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? maybe in the case of some crazy accident, but it's be a case by case
45. Future child's name? something different, haven't really ventured down that road yet
46. Favorite foods? ones that I've grown. that pizza sauce may have taken 2 days to boil down (first try, lol) but it sure tasted good!!
47. Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast? no. I'm eternally on a sunday drive. i'm the one you swear at while you're speeding past me
49. Storms - cool or scary? Both
50. Do you like to dance? ummm, no
51. Do you do drugs? chocolate
52. Do you smoke? nope, but I do love to burn my smudge sticks! does it count if you just smell them?? :lol:
53. What do you think of people who smoke? what do you think of people who eat junk food?
54. Do you drink? occasionally
55. Favorite drink? water
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? in some situations
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? yeah
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? to live my life and enjoy it
59. What's your "type"? the ones I can bend to my will ;)
60. Do you bite your nails? even when theres dirt under em
61. Any siblings? one little brother, he just got his learners permit :barnie
62. What movies have you cried in? documentaries
63. Do you believe in God? depends on what you mean by that I guess. I'm more of a Mother Earth, Sun and Moon kinda girl. I'm currently trying to reconcile where the masculine comes in in all of it. I do believe in a Creator. Just not sure who.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? probably
65. Have you ever stolen anything? yea. not always the proudest of my past
66. Do you procrastinate? recovering procastinator
67. Do you believe in fate? not really. I think any number of events could lead to any number of events. and sometimes it ends up well, sometimes it doesn't
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? I was more of a scooby doo and garfield kinda kid....who am I kidding?? I just bought the dvds!!
69. Do you organize your CD's? yea I'll get right on that one... right after my entire house
70. What is your favorite kind of music? depends on the mood, celtic, folk, country, emo, new age
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? anything that fits into the above category
72. What was the last CD you got? not a clue
73. MTV or VH1? neither. there's enough drama in the world already
74. Who do you admire the most? those that sacrifice the most. and there are so many.
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? r u kidding?? i've finally gotten this one potty trained!!!
76. Are you single? no. thankfully. someones gotta help me with the garden
77. Favorite TV show? don't watch too much. but sci-fy type shows r good
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? ??? who made this??
79. Glasses or contacts? glasses
80. What color are your eyes? brown
81. What is your natural hair color? very dark brown/black
82. But what color is it now? see above, hair dye is icky
83. Have you ever been in love? idk. let me ask him
84. Any pets? dogs. other than that i try not to get too attatched to dinner
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? depends on the subject
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? half full, unless its been a really bad day. in that case i've probably run that freakin glass over with my truck
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? yep, had to to pass that freakin computer class in high school
88. What's under your bed? carpet. we couldn't fit the boxspring up the stairs
89. What is your favorite number? 11
90. Favorite sport to watch? absolutely none of them. i'd rather play

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome Sounds like you're going to fit right in! :lol:

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Welcome
63. Do you believe in God? depends on what you mean by that I guess. I'm more of a Mother Earth, Sun and Moon kinda girl.
- Me too :)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2969_196518_1309171904698_1692624579_525197_7288770_n.jpg

2969_197417_1309169864647_1692624579_525196_6150512_s.jpg

Pics of the new babies!! Read about using the emergency blanket from somewhere on here! It really does help to keep the temp up. We got 5 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets this weekend. We're gonna try several different breeds this year and see what we like best. We have two local breeders that are hatching Delawares and Barred Rocks soon and are going to get a hold of me when they've hatched so hopefully that'll work out!

And on an even more exciting note, today was my first day off since I switched to part time!!! YAY!!!!! I can't believe how much better I feel mentally working PT! We got lots of stuff done in the barn this weekend. We finished cleaning out all of the stuff left by the previous owners. I'll have to get a before and after up. It was insane! Found some really cool stuff though! We found an old milking stand someone had built that is still in good usable shape. And we finished building the new goat pens (all with lumber we found in the barn!!), now to fill them!! :celebrate

We still have to finish putting up the new wire after tearing down all the old stuff. Luckily we all had our tetanus shots!! My arms look like they were chewed on by a roll of barbed wire fence. So much for long sleeves!

And here are some of my peas, lettuce, broccoli and spinach that have started to sprout!
2969_use_this_one.jpg

Edited: Because I always screw up these pics!! You'd think eventually I'd learn to preview before I submit! :rolleyes:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How do you use the emergency blanket? I have chicks now, too and we're supposed to get a cold snap.

I'm more of a Mother Earth, Sun and Moon kinda girl.
- Me too
Same here, me too. :D

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol glad to hear it!! As I answered #63 I was wondering what others might think but it sounds like we have some kindred spirits here!! :woot

We have the chicks in an old dog crate/traveling cage that we found for free. After scrubbing it down we just attatched the light to a nearby chair and threw a couple of the emergency blankets over the top and voila! Chick brooder! You can kinda see the side of it in the smaller pic. I'm just gonna take one off and/or adjust the light further away next week as we slowly decrease the temp each wk. I saw someone else do something very similar but I can't remember where. It'll get up to the 90's if we want it to with two emergency blankets on it.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Kala said:
12. Favorite board game? any one that someone will play with me
Me too!! I discovered a game, it's called Farming(I think) and it's like monopoly except it doesn't end! Except when you decide it does!! How freakin cool is that!! :)

13. Favorite magazine? MEN, Backwoods Home, SageWoman
So I was pretty sure I knew what SW was going to be, but I googled it to be sure :) . do they have one for druids?

35. Do you enjoy reading? well I have a section for books in our monthly budget so you tell me :)
that is AWESOME!!!

63. Do you believe in God? depends on what you mean by that I guess. I'm more of a Mother Earth, Sun and Moon kinda girl. I'm currently trying to reconcile where the masculine comes in in all of it. I do believe in a Creator. Just not sure who.
:thumbsup

65. Have you ever stolen anything? yea. not always the proudest of my past totally relate to that

86. Is the glass half empty or half full? half full, unless its been a really bad day. in that case i've probably run that freakin glass over with my truck
:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig

:welcome I like this snippet of personality! Look forward to reading more from you!

Awesomely cute chicks btw! we have black laced red wyandottes coming in april (hopefully!) :)