Kala's Journal~Newest Project :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Kala said:
Hey! Things are going pretty good! Splitting lots of wood...and trying to get a long list of chores done before winter hits, half of which probably won't get done. But what's new? :lol:

Although we did find out that we'll be working on our most recent growing project this winter..it should be ripe about May 7th... :love <------ ETA: Ok so that's soppused to mean we are expecting our first child this May. It sounded good written that way last night but now it just sounds a little weird, :lol: That'll show me to post late at night!

So I guess I have a good reason for not getting some things done right now, well beyond napping.

That's our news in this neck of the woods anyway. :D
YAY!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: Yes! Congrats!

On the weird cuke, my mother had some really good cukes one year and saved seed. The next year she ended up with the same orange wierd thing (she called it bastard squash). She thought the neighbor's squash had cross polinated with her cukes.

In reading up on it, I found out that it usually happens when you try to save seed from a GMO plant. Most of us know that you don't end up with what you think you should, huh. :/ But there have been weird looking things from cross pollination, too!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Congrats on babyness :) Sounds like this is something you want?