Kamakazi Deer

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Friend of mine got tired of her husband hitting deer and rolling the car, so when it came back from the shop the last time, she attached 4 wheels from old skateboards to the top 4 corners of the car and told him that was in case he rolled it again. :gig
:th That is funny!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True story happened to me last year. I bumpered a 8 point buck that ran out in front of me in the veggie hauler. The buck slid on all 4s down the road crossed into the other lane hit the ditch and flipped head over heels twice and there it laid. I pulled over got my hunting knife off my Bugout bag that sits in the back set behind me in the veggie hauler. I kneeled down drew out my hunting knife getting ready to slit it's throat. I paused and as I was saying thanks to God for this animal that gave it life to.me so I could eat it. Then the freaking buck opened it's eyes seen me jumped up knocked me backwards on my ass and ran off. This happened WITH my 10" HUNTING KNIFE STILL IN MY HAND :(

Lesson learned... kick the damn thing first - make sure it really dead before you draw your knife. I keep all my knifes scary sharp and I'm really lucky I wasn't the one to bleed out instead of that deer.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
http://www.kltv.com/story/36808441/deer-crashes-through-drivers-window-lands-in-front-seat

KILGORE, TX (KLTV) -

A Kilgore woman is recovering from shock after a deer crashed through her windshield.

"It started like it was going to cross the road ... then it took off and ran toward the car. And the next thing I know it was in the car," says Alice Hunt.

Hunt was driving to work Thursday morning on FM 2276 when she spotted the deer near an intersection. She says she slowed down almost to stop but was surprised when the deer began to charge toward her car.

"I think it broke its neck. It bent the frame of the car," she says.

Hunt said her immediate reaction was to get out of the car as fast as possible.

A few years ago, she says her husband's uncle was killed when he hit a deer and the animal kicked around in the vehicle and broke his neck.

"So that's all I could think about, 'I gotta get out of here,' " she says.

Hunt's neighbor, Shannon Baton arrived shortly after the wreck.

"I was on my way home and she was just a woman in the middle of the road and I thought, 'Oh my god. Something's happened,' " Baton says.

Initially, she thought a tree had struck the car or fallen on a person.

"I thought I was about to see a badly injured person and I thought, 'What am I going to do? ' " she says.

Hunt's phone was in the car, underneath the deer so she used Baton's phone to call her husband. Highway Patrol was also called to the scene.

Hunt was uninjured but says she was shaken up.

Fm 2276. Holy cow. Jumped in the car with this lady. Thank you Jesus she’s okay.

23244138_1914750575208818_2870379613209200508_n.jpg

23244382_1914750608542148_5908227203580995185_n.jpg

Was she playing rap on the radio? That's enough to drive any animal or human crazy!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A couple months ago one morning hubby was hit on the driver's side back door by one of the Roosevelt elk we have here. Luckily the bull wasn't running too fast. Just a dent and the antler brow tine rubbed a mark at the top of the window and door. Hubby wasnt going fast and stopped. He said the big guy stumbled back a bit, looked at him, then sauntered off across the road how he had been going.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
About 2 years ago I was driving down to West Cork to view a rental property. I got stuck behind lorries on the way, so I was running quite late by the time I got there and it was pitch dark already. Knowing the road well I maintained a good speed between villages. I drove round a bend and suddenly 2 smallish deer walked into the road! :ep I think that was the first deer I ever saw here, in Ireland. They saw the oncoming vehicle and stopped, staring at me. I was driving a Renault Megane Scenic at the time (crap car). Not the most responsive vehicle with speeding up or slowing down. I did what I could, told DS to hang on tight and slammed on the brakes as hard as I could. I stopped within a few inches of those deer, who stood there throughout, staring at me. I sat and uttered a few blue words and they, well, I didn't ask their opinions, before they ran off. I got to the rental property still shaking and told the owner what happened. He said that stretch of road is notorious for deer. Unusual for Ireland. Sheep on the roads is the biggest hazard here. The farmers let them roam loose everywhere and I had two close shaves with them as well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That was a close call @sumi. Scary!

I don't know how many folks remember back a few years ago when DH was involved in a horrific car accident. He was pretty broke up with 7 or 8 broken ribs and hand injuries and bruised tail bone. He missed a 6 solid weeks of work. But, that's not the point of this story, lol.

After the accident which totaled his tiny little Hybrid Lexus that he was so proud of and had only had for a couple months - he insisted on getting the 'safest car on the road' a Volvo. Geeze...pricey! But, at that point we were both terrified of accidents and wanted him to get the Volvo because his job involved a lot of driving.

Long story short (probably too late for that, huh?) On his very first day going back to work on our little 'dead end' road, only about .2 of a mile from home - he hit a deer. His fancy new car has accident prevention and if the deer would have walked in front of his car - the car would have stopped on it's own. But the deer tried to JUMP over his car and didnt' make it. It came down on the front grill.

I've lived here for 30+ years and have never seen a deer on our road. They are all around us, but that was a first. He was so upset!! The deer ran off, but the damage to his grill is here to this day.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
His fancy new car has accident prevention and if the deer would have walked in front of his car - the car would have stopped on it's own. But the deer tried to JUMP over his car and didnt' make it. It came down on the front grill.

I've lived here for 30+ years and have never seen a deer on our road. They are all around us, but that was a first.
Murphy's Law?

Latest posts