RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Amazingly, he found it this morning. But the processor shop went out of business last year so I guess karma still wins. :(

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Not a big deal-- we always process our own deer . if you need help, there are a few of us here that can talk you through it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Not a big deal-- we always process our own deer . if you need help, there are a few of us here that can talk you through it.
Yep...talking to a bonafide deer gutter, skinner and processor here of literally hundreds of deer! Don't let that good meat go to waste! Everyone starts out on their first deer.... :D

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
gahh I should of checked this morning before we drove like 45 mins away to take it to someone :he ... ah well there's always next time. :)

He said he wanted to learn but you got to have "special tools" I figure he just wants more sharp things to play with.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to shoot a deer that wasn't in season even though it is just one day it is still illegal. But congrats I guess.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
No more special tools than a few sharp knives and a hack saw, length of stout rope and a tree or something similar from which to hang your deer. :)

The Indians did it with less than that! :p

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ticks said:
I wouldn't be able to shoot a deer that wasn't in season even though it is just one day it is still illegal. But congrats I guess.
I agree, he shouldn't have done it, but I honestly didn't know what he was doing til he called and was upset that he couldn't find it.

Honestly, I understand the need for hunting laws and all, but I don't think its fair for the government to tell you what to do on your land either..

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
ticks said:
I agree, he shouldn't have done it, but I honestly didn't know what he was doing til he called and was upset that he couldn't find it.

Honestly, I understand the need for hunting laws and all, but I don't think its fair for the government to tell you what to do on your land either..
Folks do that alot around here...that independent mountaineer spirit, I guess. Noone is going to tell the what they can and cannot shoot on their land.....its a feeling that goes way on back when the revenuers came acallin'! :p

My boys were taught a strict code, sort of like ticks, but since we've moved here they keep insinuating..."when in Rome". ;) I always tell them the Romans didn't have to pay a big fine and get their name in the paper! :lol:

THAT was not an opinion, BTW, on the postings above...just a comment. ;)

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh BeeKissed, trust me, he should know better. My dad had to bail him out of jail cause his Turkey huntin buddy convinced him itd be alright to tresspass to shoot a bird. Then they had to go to court. And now he has a 3rd degree trespassing charge. So you tell your boys from me, that its just not worth it! And that stupid Turkey wound up cost $400, and he didn't even get to eat it.

ETA I don't know if "was not an opinion, that was just a comment" was to keep me from getting angry or what... but umm please dont put in that kind of stuff in if your talking to me. I don't get offended at things to easily. Especially (sp?) in a public place where everyone is supposed to have an opinion, and express it, its having opinions that make us different, and unique, and why I like forums.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
RTR
I wish we could do anything we want on our land at anytime...LOL...but with hunting laws and such...they also protect the species. Shooting deer or any critter out of season whenever we wanted would eventually screw up their populations and such.....it could mean shooting pregnant does by mistake or possibly shooting youngsters that are the next generation.. etc. etc.

you know what I mean...LOL

plus around here me and Barb always get the bow season dates wrong and end up horseback riding in the woods...yikes...we always come across hunters and say---OH MY---time to stay out of the woods! and out we get fast! LOL---This is referring to nice neighbors that still keep open riding trails thru their land and let us cut thru with riding....and they also hunt and let others hunt their lands.

In fact we let Scott, Tony's good friend put up 2 deer stands and feeding stations in our woods. He gets deer every season, Tony sure don't..HA HA

well you get the drift of what I am saying

Latest posts