keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
keljonma said:
punkin said:
Those treatments sound really involved. I hope everything goes well with them.

We have our potlucks on the first Wed. night each month. We always have plenty of veggies and sometimes only 1 or 2 meats. Our Church is very small, maybe 30 people average. But, we know everyone and are a very close knit group.

I would like to have a pretty 6" snow this year. That would be just enough to get out and play in.

That "No" list in the diet book would be a "NO" for me, too. :lol:
Thanks, punkin! I think we average 255 at Sunday worship service - but that is from 3 services. Usually we have about 20 to 50 people at the Second Sunday potlucks.

Its still snowing those big flakes here. We have about 10 inches on top of dhs car hood this morning.

Did you see I made cookies and bread both because dh asked for them after reading the book! :D
Staples for him and for me, too. :lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
15" of snow? I've never saw that much snow at one time in my life. Came close at 10" during the blizzard of 93. See how we southerners are? A blizzard 15 years ago is still big news around here :gig

Glad to hear your DH lost 2 lbs. Gotta start somewhere.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It sounds like you are getting the same kind of winter weather we have here. I'm not looking forward to the below zero temps. Might have to let the animals fend for themselves.LOL

I don't blame you for not considering finding Titan a new home.
The call ministry for your church sounds like a great way to keep in touch, especially those that live by themselves.

I don't know what thread or post you are referring to, but I hope you visit SS often. You have so much to share and I enjoy reading your journal. Everyone gets a bit ornery sometimes.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I read that thread and it truly seemed hijacked from the simple bread recipe discussion, lol. I thought your response was quite reasonable given the direction the discussion was going. Yours was a justified request as the OP and I think the Mod acted on it.

These forums attract a variety of personalities, but nothing as nasty as the political forums in which I participated this election cycle!

This snow is pretty but hard to walk in!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Yep, Kel. That thread did get terribly off. Please keep posting and sharing your wonderful recipies.:D

Thursday and Friday we are supposed to get some of your cold air. It's supposed to be down to 10 degrees those nights. For Tenn., that's pretty darn cold. But, still no snow.:(