keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Amazing (not really) how a recipe for bread got so far off track and then turned contentious. Don't worry about it. :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Glad you got rid of your couch. But, now, what are you going to stand on to wash down the walls and stuff? :lol:

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes are one of my favorites. Just add some pinto beans & cornbread and I'll be right over.

Sounds like your DH is in high demand. That's good. Hope he gets more calls.

We have 19 hens. Five have almost completely stopped laying. Now, we get 4-8 eggs per day. They still eat just as much though: pig chickens. :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Ok, keep me from reading all I have apparently missed. Are you getting all new furniture?

I have not made a meatloaf in ages. My DGS ask me to make it next time he comes so it looks like I will go without for another week until he comes back. Between the two of you I am now craving meatloaf. LOL

What did you tweak on your original recipe? I never got the original printed out. Going now to find it so I can print it.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma, you going to share your meatloaf recipe with us (and if you already have, forgive me I'll go look for it). I haven't had meat loaf in awhile. Maybe I'll try making some for dinner tomorrow!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am thinking I might have to go find this bread thread and read it...even though I have no intention of (getting off the couch and) making any anytime soon!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
To funny.
Anyway, I now have the "Not Sugar Free" made without sugar European Wheat Bread recipe.

I will definitely try this in the not to distant future. Probably will take me a few weeks but will definitely get around to it soon.

I sure hope that getting rid of excess furniture works better for you than it did for me.

After all the kids left home we got rid of an old dilapidated (not sure about that spelling) sectional. It was great while the kids were here because all their friends crashed on it. Then we turned one room into a guest bedroom and I was working on the other empty bedroom for my craft/computer room. Before we got finished with the guest room I had to move my Mom into it. Then my daughter got the craft/computer room. Then the oldest boy needed a place to stay. We were packed to the gills so he ended up in the camper. Then the youngest boy needed a place to stay and ended up sleeping in the living room floor. I was wishing for the old sectional back. I will never again get rid of excess furniture. It seems to beg the kids to move back in. LOL