keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
We have a potluck on the second Sunday also. It must be a good day for potlucks.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Nope, we fix something for the potluck. Since our potlucks usually are lacking in veggies we are trying to take more veggie dishes.

I did give someone at church a dozen eggs just so she could make deviled eggs for the potluck (She usually brings deviled eggs and I love deviled eggs). It was shameless and we both got a good laugh out of it.

When I was New Mexico we had a potluck every month there also. Lots of dishes with chillies. :drool

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Every time we have a church dinner we (mama, granny, and I) end up bringing like 12 dishes...it's crazy. We swear that we are only going to do one dish apiece and then we fix something and get an idea to fix something else and figure one more dish won't hurt and before you know it we have 2 trunkloads of food. They love to see us coming! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Awwwww...I hope they do well. Sounds like they have a lot of stuff going on. I know it's hard on you when they aren't close by either.
:hugs

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Glad you heard from them! I hope the treatments work and that it all works like it is supposed to!

That is so gross that the kid threw up in his locker and even more gross that the janitor did not clean it up!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Those treatments sound really involved. I hope everything goes well with them.

We have our potlucks on the first Wed. night each month. We always have plenty of veggies and sometimes only 1 or 2 meats. Our Church is very small, maybe 30 people average. But, we know everyone and are a very close knit group.

I would like to have a pretty 6" snow this year. That would be just enough to get out and play in.

That "No" list in the diet book would be a "NO" for me, too. :lol: