keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
PamsPride said:
Awesome deal on the sweater!!

Have you tried heat tape for your pipes? We have that installed on our pipes up in the roof.
PP, there isnt enough room between the pipes and the floor boards of the kitchen. The insulation doesnt even go all around the pipes for that same reason.
Well, that sucks!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Every one up there is really get beat up by this crazy weather.

Even here it is going down to 17 degrees tomorrow. I don't know how you can handle all this day after day. It would drive me crazy.

Glad all the birds are ok and comfy.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Temps are going down to -33C tonight without the windchill, there won't be anyschool in the morning again...the schoolbuses can't run in those temps, something about deisel fuel turning to gel...

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
keljonma,
Where is this fantastic consignment shop?
I go to Madison Goodwill and buy all the corduroy pants in my size. Warmer than jeans. If there is a store our way instead of my going to Mentor for cords I'd love to know. Feel free to PM me the location.

While I'm at it, I was stunned to read your mention about Madison Main Street changes coming. We didn't care for the breakfasts at the Main St cafe and switched some time ago to Thompson's Stockers on the Park for breakfast. We are weekly regulars there.
How is Quinn's?

We had our heat taped pipes freeze on us, too. Cannot figure this out unless they need additional insulation under the house in the teensy scary crawl space that neither of us can fit under. I am so ready to bring the lines up where I can see them, lol!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
sylvie said:
keljonma,
I go to Madison Goodwill and buy all the corduroy pants in my size. Warmer than jeans. If there is a store our way instead of my going to Mentor for cords I'd love to know. Feel free to PM me the location.

While I'm at it, I was stunned to read your mention about Madison Main Street changes coming. We didn't care for the breakfasts at the Main St cafe and switched some time ago to Thompson's Stockers on the Park for breakfast. We are weekly regulars there.
How is Quinn's?

We had our heat taped pipes freeze on us, too. Cannot figure this out unless they need additional insulation under the house in the teensy scary crawl space that neither of us can fit under. I am so ready to bring the lines up where I can see them, lol!
Sometimes crawlspaces have vents that should be closed off in winter to keep the cold air out. I know ours does. If we don't close it up the pipes freeze down there on us as well. Another thing you can do is instal a light socket down there and keep a 100W bulb on when the cold hits bad.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
sylvie said:
keljonma,

How is Quinn's?

Sometimes crawlspaces have vents that should be closed off in winter to keep the cold air out. I know ours does. If we don't close it up the pipes freeze down there on us as well. Another thing you can do is instal a light socket down there and keep a 100W bulb on when the cold hits bad.
Thanks! I'll try anything at this point. Vents were closed so we'll try the bulbs. We have one on the pump which has worked out well all these years but will stick a few in the crawl space. Only happened on the 0 degree night.

Latest posts