kid watch, IT'S A BOY! pix p. 6

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
He is adorable- boy mom has a set of horns on her. :D

A lot of people give a course of antibiotics when they have to put their hands into the uterus because of the possiblity of infection having been introduced. A few irrigate the inside while the cervix is still open. Some don't do anything.

If you did not have to go into her much, and everything was clean, then you may be ok just as is. But if your hands weren't clean, you could introduce something.

Aren't baby goats cuter than anything? And they are so good smelling and sweet.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My hands were freshly washed, and I wasn't in there long, not much past my wrist. I think I just unhooked his shoulder from the pelvis, that's how it seemed, anyways. Out he came!

Yeah, a big honkin' set of horns. She is a doll, thank goodness. She will bonk the others, and they bonk back with their hornless heads. I get a headache just watching them! When she first arrived, she would hook as well as bonk, so she is the only one with a collar, and I carry the dog (30 lb miniature poodle, oversized) when I have to cross the pasture to go walk him on the farm roads.

She must've hit George, our very naughty rooster (cog au vin, his nickname) because he skedaddles if she so much as looks at him! And none of the hens will jump on her back, but they climb all over the other two, who love it.

I live in a strange and wonderful world! :lol: NatGeo in my backyard!

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
He really is a cutie. I am so sorry that you can't keep him but unerstand. Can you post the link as to how you ended up with the momma. I saw she had been abused but not how you aquired her.

That is funny that George is afraid of her.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
He is such a sweetie-pie.

I must not get into goats . . . I must not get into goats . . . I must not get into goats. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
cackle said:
He really is a cutie. I am so sorry that you can't keep him but unerstand. Can you post the link as to how you ended up with the momma. I saw she had been abused but not how you aquired her.

That is funny that George is afraid of her.
Here it is, along with my learning curve....her story is throughout the thread: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1675

Oh, punkin, just get it over with and get yourself a couple of goats! :lol: They are awesome, sweet, funny, and cheap to keep....unless you need a vet in MA, of course.... :/

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
There is NOTHING cuter in the world than a baby goat :) Meaning no disrespect to kittens, puppies, human babies, etc, it's just *true*, if you ask me.

Glad to hear things are going well,

Pat

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Free, I am glad that it went well and you have a happy healthy kid on your hands :)
He is adorable!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Thank GOODNESS I was here and caught her.....would've likely had two dead goats on my hands if she'd waited until I left for school. He is doing well this morning and I brought in another xmas tree for Mya....no more pine in a couple weeks when we will be taking some milk for our use. She is craving the pine needles, probably needs the vitamins. I think I will add some to her food for a while, until something green starts to grow here.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love his ears!!! So cute! I want goats.........:( No place for them on our current piece of land. Someday.....:)

Sounds like you did a great job! I know it can be nerve-wracking when it comes to babies but sounds like you've got everything under control.

Congrats, darlin'!