Knifty knitters

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok, so my daughter got a knifty knitter set for Christmas and I can't stop using it! It is so much fun :D Who else enjoys these great little things? My daughter wants her present back, so I ordered my own. Still waiting for them :D
418_100_3399.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, I want one. Beats fighting the crochet hook any day. What a fun gift. I actually noticed that las time I was at Wal Mart. Is it hard? How long does it take you on average to make a hat?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Very nice! I also want to know how long it took you to make all this stuff! I struggled to learn how to knit this year and ended up with a few wash cloths :rolleyes: not sure how much I like knitting.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Super easy, I suck at "real" knitting. My daughter LOVES to do it, we sit down on the couch and put some music on and enjoy talking as we do it. those are items I have made just since Christmas. The scarf took a couple of nights. The baby hats took about 30-45 min, the adult ones maybe 2 hours of casual work. It is really simple and there are many stitches I still need to learn. I have found Walmart has the best prices for the round loom set, also Joanns had decent prices with coupons. I have to add also that even my son made a hat with us.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those look like the same principle, interesting..Might have to have those too. I like having something to do when I watch tv, but most of all I have appreciated that my kids have been doing it with me, thats what really counts :celebrate

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I just looked at that loom thing. I have an afghan from when I was really little that my godmother made for me that looks like the one in the picture. I still have it. I may need to get one of these just to make one. I'm having no luck with my kiddie learn to knit and learn to crochet kits!!

Thanks ams - that put a smile on my face! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I suck at "real" knitting.
Me too! LOL

I have had a master knitter try to teach me. She gave up in frustration. I am left-handed and have a short attention span. A kk is perfect for me. Here are some of my projects...

A voodoo doll (made this for a cancer patient. Dressed it up like a doctor and gave her a whole bunch of long pins...LOL She almost fell out of her hospital bed laughing)
1002009pe7.jpg

Sig the snow carb
snowcrabft9.jpg

A Futurama brain slug
brainslugli1.jpg

Penguin

A model of my friend's dog
1001620xr4.jpg

cocohn0.jpg

A "cunning" Firefly hat
jaynehat6jj1sp.jpg

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Great scarf and hats! The green set is so pretty!!

Baby hospitals are always looking for donations for newborns if you find yourself making more than you know what to do with!

Great job on all your projects Wifezilla.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Thanks Pam. :D

I also knifty knit normal stuff, it's just that I already had uploaded pics of my weird projects because they are funnier.

I donate my extra stuff to a local church that gives free clothes to the needy.

Latest posts