Kombucha Tea - gave it a taste

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
If the health benefits are what *they* say they are, the whole North American continent will soon be vibrating from all the excess healthful energy!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got my scoby! Darling friend sent it back with DH for me. Yay!
I made Free's chai mix without the ginger (I'm not a big ginger fan), and added a little more allspice seeds. After it had simmered 15 minutes, I added a split vanilla bean, finished the simmer and let the tea sit overnight. :love
Nummy all by itself, now I can't wait to try it with the kombucha.

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I make three gallons every two weeks. I drink about a pint a day, plain. Most of my children like it, too. :) Bottling it in Grolsch bottles greatly improves the carbonation.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
:welcome, HannaLee!

I received 2 Grolsch bottles from a friend, and the one that still has the seal on it does a really nice job. This summer, I would bottle it in those bottles with a sprig of chocolate mint. Yum!

"Most of my children" leaves me wondering the nosy question of how many children you have :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:welcome hannalee!

I am still in need of a scooby if anyone has a spare they want to send me :drool

Also the commercial brand I like has a lightly sweet fruity flavor and I usually mix the plain variety with fruit juice and water, so I lean more towards fruity :gig Any recipe ideas for me? How can I make mine with a fruity hint? Would I add organic fruit juice to offset some of the sugar?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
:welcome hannalee!

I am still in need of a scooby if anyone has a spare they want to send me :drool

Also the commercial brand I like has a lightly sweet fruity flavor and I usually mix the plain variety with fruit juice and water, so I lean more towards fruity :gig Any recipe ideas for me? How can I make mine with a fruity hint? Would I add organic fruit juice to offset some of the sugar?
Dace, I have oodles of scoby. I have been slicing it up and feeding it to the chickens. How would I go about sending it to you? I think freemotion described how to do it somewhere around here. I'll send you some along with a bit of starter tea.

Hi HannaLee! I give it to my daughter too. We all drink it!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
If you ever figure out how to mail it Sally...

I noticed you liked that peyote keychain, if you know what I'm getting at =P

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sally I would be FOREVER grateful if you can figure out how to send it!!!

Free, any advice?