Laugh(s) for the day

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mad scramble to finish garden: building RB, build a cold frame, tear out remaining plants, bring in loads of compost and mulch. Winterize chicken coop and run, get fire wood in. It doesn't help that we may have 2 days/week that are not rainy during this time of the year. Then, turn attention to inside chores. Seeing that desk, just sitting there... makes me want to start a sewing project. But... that can wait until winter weather forces me inside.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey... I also found out that the desk has a wooden top! Haven't seen that for a while!

Hmmm...were you in MY house??? :lol: It's normally a "pile" on my desk area. Right now, my dining table isn't muck more evident. Well, winter will arrive soon enough. :old

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wild wind/rain storm here last night. I kept getting up during the night to peer out the window. I expected to see an old lady riding a bicycle, with a little dog in the front basket. Final act of weather defiance: the wind yanked the chimney cap off, and sent it sailing. Since then, the rains and wind have died right down!!!

Evidently, the wind took just a tiny break, to get wound up for the next onslaught. Skies are clearing, though... so at least the rains have stopped.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20191102_210056.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AH, the boundless energy of youth!!!

Now, all that pic needs to complete it: Santa and a bag of toys, and a red head light for one of the mini's.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There we were, at the the bottom of a barrel of chocolate. Two nuts huddled together for safety.

Reminds me of a story:

There was a tour bus company that specialized in driving tours for the elderly. One driver had been employed by this company for years. One day, he had a particularly friendly and social group of geriatric tourists on his bus. At every stop, when the folks toddled to the front to exit the bus, one of the tourists would give him a small handful of mixed nuts. He had forgotten to pack a lunch, so was thankful for this kindness. He enjoyed the nuts while he was waiting for them to return for the next leg of their trip.

At the end of the tour, he turned around in his seat, and complemented the group for their behavior and their generosity in sharing their snacks with him.

Replied one of the little ladies who had given him the nuts: "Aw, shucks. It wasn't a big deal. Our dentures can't handle the nuts, so we just suck the chocolate off. There was no trash can back here!"

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we're like mad squirrels gathering nuts for christmas, or are we just nuts gathering?

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lmao! My husband just said that as a non-sequitur one day way back when. I think around 1999. It was odd and I liked it. I had it as an email signature for a long time.