Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know there will be those members of SS who will complain about my posting of this information. I will counter with this statement: This information is pertinent to every thing that I am and everything that we are as the Nation Of the United States of America. If we as a nation turn our back on Israel, we will cease to exist as a nation. Therefore, if anyone does not want to be exposed to this information, please scroll on by.

• God says: “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” - Genesis 12:1-3.

So, mr. biden... How dare you thumb your nose at God Almighty? How dare you withdraw U.S. support from Israel? And finally, United States citizens: Are you going to stand by and allow mr. biden to bring a curse against the United States?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lovely day working in the garden. Cool, breezy, occasional sprinkles. I tucked more seeds in the new raised beds, planted spinach under the swing set pole bean trellis. Ducks spent the day in jail b/c they can't be bothered to stay in the yard. I even planted some zinnia and marigold at the ends of the RB on the street side. Alternating the 2 different flowers. Will also be tucking in nasturtium (may stick with Empress of India only this year) and calendula.

It looks like my elderberry plants are slowly establishing and sending out new growth from the roots. So, I'll leave them where they are and give them a good dose of chicken compost, along with some heavy cardboard to kill the poison ivy in the area. Hopefully, they will not have as much winter kill this year, and I can take cuttings next winter to establish a new patch.

Last edited:

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
America better stand with Israel. They are God's chosen people.

Okra- love it! Fried, boiled, dehydrated, stewed with tomatoes or in soups or gumbos. It's just YUM! We always called boiled okra calf slobbers as kids.

@baymule - I love how you blanched it in the oven. Sounds like it would be much easier that way.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are there any other veggies you blanche in the oven? Please... more description of the process. How long do you do okra, what temp? And if you do other veggies, how long for, and what temp. I assume that you still ice them down before freezing???

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I oven blanch okra and cream corn.
350 degrees, 4- 6 minutes or until steaming hot. I use a cookie sheet for the okra, a Pyrex dish for the cream corn.
No I don’t ice them down. I let them air cool, then bag. If vacuum sealing, I freeze overnight with bag open, vacuum seal as frozen the next day.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today, I cooked swordfish steak with a basil, mint, garlic and chive marinade, rice pilaf, and corn on the cob for lunch. Maggie cleaned up some of the dishes, and pronounced the meal a yummy success. Unfortunately, it was raining buckets when it was time to cook the fish, so I had to pan fry instead of grilling it.

Latest posts