Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Personal Proclamation - From this day forward, until death overcomes me. The first day of July, for each proceeding year. Shall be designated, a day of celebration of Freedom the Good Lord has bestowed upon me.

IMG_20210701_110856490~2.jpg

FREEDOM - I LOVE FREEDOM.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today is an absolutely fantastic day, with perfect weather. Thermometer has not yet made it to 80*, and there is an off/on again gentle breeze. The ducks are out, marching in tandem, back and forth across the yard, snagging japanese beetles from the lawn. It's incredible to see them work!

I've been ripping and tearing in the garden. Tearing weeds away from one of front fence lines, then laying cardboard, and some stable litter. We've found a fellow in town who has goats and horse. He says (and based on the quality of the litter, I believe it) that he cleans his stalls twice/day. So, instead of him hauling his stuff to the town compost facility, and us going there to pick it up, we go straight to his place, and save him a trip. When we were at the compost facility last time, I was mortified to see how many rats were in that one pile. I don't think they would be attracted to the wood chips, so we'll probably continue to get wood chips now and then. But, I'm delighted to get this stable bedding straight from the source! we're getting about 10 contractor bags full/week. I'm also pruning and tying up tomato vines. Doing a modified basket weave against the cattle panel trellis. This will be the first year that I've been able to corral the tomatoes into some semblance of good behavior.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is an absolutely fantastic day, with perfect weather. Thermometer has not yet made it to 80*, and there is an off/on again gentle breeze. The ducks are out, marching in tandem, back and forth across the yard, snagging japanese beetles from the lawn. It's incredible to see them work!

I've been ripping and tearing in the garden. Tearing weeds away from one of front fence lines, then laying cardboard, and some stable litter. We've found a fellow in town who has goats and horse. He says (and based on the quality of the litter, I believe it) that he cleans his stalls twice/day. So, instead of him hauling his stuff to the town compost facility, and us going there to pick it up, we go straight to his place, and save him a trip. When we were at the compost facility last time, I was mortified to see how many rats were in that one pile. I don't think they would be attracted to the wood chips, so we'll probably continue to get wood chips now and then. But, I'm delighted to get this stable bedding straight from the source! we're getting about 10 contractor bags full/week. I'm also pruning and tying up tomato vines. Doing a modified basket weave against the cattle panel trellis. This will be the first year that I've been able to corral the tomatoes into some semblance of good behavior.

At a girl... First the mind has to make up it's mind, then the heart follows. It only took all my life to figure such a simple truth out. I'm never going back to "Mr. Grumpy Gills"

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Personal Proclamation - From this day forward, until death overcomes me. The first day of July, for each proceeding year. Shall be designated, a day of celebration of Freedom the Good Lord has bestowed upon me.

View attachment 16291

FREEDOM - I LOVE FREEDOM.

My wife is on-board and painted her big toe toenails, Red, White and Blue 😂 Love it!
IMG_20210701_125722993~2.jpg

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We came back from a trip to town. (had a great visit with Dad) As usual, I went looking for the ducks to see if trouble had found them. They were lounging on top of a blue tarp. Apparently, they were "pretending" they were floating on a nice blue lake! They've gorged on bugs so much that they've hardly touched their pellets.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Drake gave me some sass tonight when I went to put them to bed. He's never done that before. There have only been 3 eggs in their duck house the last 2 days. So... I wonder if one of the ladies is putting her eggs somewhere else???