Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today's blessing: got to visit with a neighbor in the yard. These days, while doing hospice care for my dad, I feel very isolated. So... a few minutes spent talking with a neighbor is a huge deal for me. More garlic planted. So busy this summer that I didn't harvest much from the garden. So... to plant garlic, I'm digging the whole heads out of one bed, splitting into individual cloves, and planting them in the next bed over. Fluffing the soil as I go. Next up: cleaning the old bedding out of the chicken coop. Will top dress those fluffed beds with that black gold, then load the coop with a mountain of leaves. Ducks continue to "help" me with my gardening. Such charming helpers, they are!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tonight, we got away for a few hours to go out to eat (second time in 8 months!) As dark was falling, I realized that I still had cockerels shut in the garden, and there was nothing I could do about it, b/c the HHA could not leave Dad to go open up gates, turn off electric to let the boys back in their night time pen. So, when we got home, hubby and I played flash light round up. I was able to snag all 11 of those bad boys and get them safely closed up.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight, we got away for a few hours to go out to eat (second time in 8 months!) As dark was falling, I realized that I still had cockerels shut in the garden, and there was nothing I could do about it, b/c the HHA could not leave Dad to go open up gates, turn off electric to let the boys back in their night time pen. So, when we got home, hubby and I played flash light round up. I was able to snag all 11 of those bad boys and get them safely closed up.

Sounding too much like a farm girl date to me

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Lowe's. Who needs to go clothes shopping (gag me!) when you can go to Lowe's. Even better than that is Mardens: a local salvage store where you can buy nuts and bolts as well as other fasteners by the pound. Usually $2/# Also, paints and other DIY supplies at a fraction of usual cost!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts